Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post here so hello

Just got me a new vid card and had troubles from the start, but everything is fine now other than the artifacts. So far Ive updated my BIOS, my chipset, my Vid Drivers (i used the DC pro method which didnt fix anything). The card used to freeze and lag very bad but the BIOS and chipset update fixed that. The card gets great FPS now.

Right now I only play 2 games which have any sort of demand on the system and thats Guildwars and Countersrike: Source. The artifacts occur in both games but are 10 times worse on CS:S. The artifacts are also just as bad whether my GPU is at 45C or 56C. (56C is the highest ive seen it go) So I really dont think its a heat problem. My CPU under load hasnt hit above 52C either. The MoBo requires at least 300w and the card 350w and my power supply is 450w so I doubt that is the problem as well.

Im not sure what to do... will overclocking the cpu and or gpu do anything to fix this? Any thing else I could do? Thanks in advance. ^_^

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what sucks... I didnt overclock anything
. Cpu is 2ghz stock and GPU is running at 500mhz core 900mhz ram which is stock. I could overclock... or underclock for that matter, not sure if thats good for the card, or if it will even reduce the artifacts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
setting the agp voltage to 1.6 helped. didnt get rid of all the artifacts but they dont happen as often now. Now the problem is when i try to OC my CPU my comp just shuts down immediately. Doesnt even have time to heat up or anything. Any ideas what to do?

·
Registered
36 Posts
When u start up ur computer can you go into your bios and look at your cpu temp i had a problem with my comp doing the same thing i couldnt even get to windows before it would shutown i went into the bios and looked at my cpu temp and it was hitting 90°c i think it was a mobo problem i sent it to asus and they said they found nothing wrong with it but it worked.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no, its not the temp. when i try to OC the CPU its around 45C and shuts off.

The artifacts arent bad at all now.. i see maybe 1 or 2 flashes every 30 minutes, (used to be 1 every 10 seconds) it just sucks i cant OC now.

I have a question... when the BIOS voltage is set to Auto for the GPU, what is it actually sending it? Did changing the voltage to a steady 1.6 increase voltage? Is it possible that I cant OC now due to lack of power... even from a 450w supply?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts