Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there,

I am new to the forum and i am sorry that i am joining at the first time with an unpleasant issue.

My rig:
  1. Asus X370 Prime pro;
  2. Ryzen 1700;
  3. Hyper x Predator 2x8 (HX432C16PB3K2/16);
  4. Nvidia GTX 1060 Dual OC;
  5. WD10EZEX Blue;
  6. Cooler Master Vanguard 750+ Gold;
  7. Windows 10;

Problem:

Almost from the beggining when i Bought my machine, slowly i was getting a problem.
Mouse started acting weird. It wasn't consistent at all, it was floaty feeling.
Can't aim properly in games, in windows I need to make weird gestures with my hand to quick-flick select or open folder etc etc.This occurs in everything not only in games.
Games are not running smooth even on 250+FPS after playing some time.
For example:
I launch the PC, and The mouse feels fast and smooth, after couple of minutes it starts slowing down, its inconsistent, not accurate, floaty.
It is driving me crazy about 3 months and still cannot figure it out what is causing the problem.

Every time when I have this problem, I change the port and the problem is gone for couple of seconds or minutes. Also disabling universal bus controller ports helps sometimes but the problem comes back.

Basicly every change I make to my PC: Opening apps, closing them, chaning settings, tweaking system, restarting makes it better for a second but here it yet comes.

Steps I took to isolate the problem:

• Formated PC 17 times.(Saddly, this is funny);

• With some of the formats i tried the manufacturer site drivers, sometimes i let the Microsoft ones.Always it is the same.;
  • Tried my Build without Steelseries Engine 3, and with, always the same problem.
  • Disabled every possible power saving feature on windows, BIOS.Never helped to destroy the problem.
  • Power options: High Performance and AMD Ryzen Balanced---> giving the same results, even when I change USB settings->selective suspend settings to disabled.
  • Fast Startup,Hibernation=OFF;
  • With or without overclock on ram and CPU same issue.
  • I do not use VSYNC, nor it is ON on my system.
  • Changed Ram slots, swapped them.
  • AND on, and on, and on, and on.
  • Believe me this does not indicate software issue, to me it seems hardware issue.I am 100 sure.
  • I stress tested ram and CPU, and with or without OC I never had issues.
  • Tried different mouses, still the same.
  • Tried Linux, the issue is following me :];

NOTE:

Edit: I do not use any Gamebar xbox things. Tried Safemode.
Do not provide me another tweaks to make on my system. Lets be honest here, even without any of this tweaks mouse should work perfectly.

You would say, when you know that is hardware issue, why aren't you taking your machine to your retailer and check it, and here is why: In my country nobody cares for the law, even if they sell you broken stuff, you will most likely keep them, and never get a change for RMA. I know that they will say, everything is okay with the machine, and they will keep it about 1 month which is ridiculous.

I am asking you guys for a help because I am desparate.
I need to find out what is causing the problem.

Sorry if i am writing in the wrong topic, I would please the admins to just move it to the correct one.
And sorry for my bad English. :p:p:D:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yes, sorry i forgot to mention that, I tried 4 different brands and mouses, most of them are competitive. And yet still same issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Even I too had the same issue with 1700 with Gigabyte AB350. But this happened only when I overclocked to around 3.9Ghz. I changed the mobo recently and went with MSI B50M and the issue seems to have been resolved.

·
Premium Member
16,114 Posts
Do you have a SSD or NVME drive to test out? Also, if your BIOS has a legacy USB option, make sure it's enabled and ensure you're using the ports designated for it. Usually the mobo manual will indicate that certain ports are the best for peripherals--especially mice/KB.

If by chance you have an NVME, disable the SATA chipset altogether.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have a SSD or NVME drive to test out? Also, if your BIOS has a legacy USB option, make sure it's enabled and ensure you're using the ports designated for it. Usually the mobo manual will indicate that certain ports are the best for peripherals--especially mice/KB.

If by chance you have an NVME, disable the SATA chipset altogether.
I do not have, sadly. CMS is set to Uefi and oprom, but peripherals are legacy only by default on bios...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even I too had the same issue with 1700 with Gigabyte AB350. But this happened only when I overclocked to around 3.9Ghz. I changed the mobo recently and went with MSI B50M and the issue seems to have been resolved.
I don't know what should I do, i can't test other hardware... Even if I want to sell this, i am not sure if i should do that on lower price or mid price... Idk if the mobo is the issue or what.... :/

·
Registered
872 Posts
It sounds like you have done a LOT of trouble shooting. I would contact ASUS via phone and try to get it resolved that way, if they give you generic responses and provide no help I would then do an RMA.

If you cant call then, email. I would do an RMA to ASUS direct and not go through the retailer if you can.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It sounds like you have done a LOT of trouble shooting. I would contact ASUS via phone and try to get it resolved that way, if they give you generic responses and provide no help I would then do an RMA.

If you cant call then, email. I would do an RMA to ASUS direct and not go through the retailer if you can.
To be honest I never had RMA experience directly with the bigger companies. My last hope is to change the mobo and see If I have the problem still.

If you or somebody else had RMA experience with Asus can you provide me with more info how to do that? First time contacting them, they were like, we can't teleport there and fix your problem, go to your retailer.

·
Registered
153 Posts
looks like a DPS latency problem.

if you don't know what it is :
https://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=118867

they are tools to mesure up your latency.
windows 7 (very good guide explaining whats is DPS latency) : http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml

windows 10 : https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/solving-dpc-latency-issues/

Once you will have confirmer what is the problem, it will be easier to solve it. they are tons of guides to reduce DPS Latency.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=dps+latency+guide

I recommend those steps :
- mesure your latency
- go in the bios, desactivate all features besides the most basic ones
- mesure your latency again (should be lower)
- activate the features again one by one to check if one feature induce a lot of latency (usually it's the integrated sound card, or the turbo mode on the CPU)

desactivating / debloating windows can lead to lower latency, as well as some bad drivers can increase it dramaticaly
Some motherboards tends to increase the latency as well. Few reviewers talks about it unfortunately.

as for the USB ports, I recommend that you use the ones that are on the top (usually they are red)

did you installed the latest chipset drivers from AMD's website ? (forget asus website on this)
you may have to unzip the package manually and update the drivers from the windows control panel directly. do this for the USB. after this check the driver's version on windows control panel, to confirm it's the right one that is installed.
I also recommend to do this for the AMD SATA drivers (wich are kinda hard to find in the package)

you may also uninstall sound drivers, network drivers etc and download the updated version from the chip manufacturer directly (realtek, intel, etc)

also, if you have an AMD graphic card, try to disable ULPS using regedit. My PC was driving me crazy before I did it.
http://www.overclock.net/forum/70-a...-how-disable-ulps-cfx-windows-10-crimson.html

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looks like a DPS latency problem.

if you don't know what it is :
https://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=118867

they are tools to mesure up your latency.
windows 7 (very good guide explaining whats is DPS latency) : http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml

windows 10 : https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/solving-dpc-latency-issues/

Once you will have confirmer what is the problem, it will be easier to solve it. they are tons of guides to reduce DPS Latency.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=dps+latency+guide

I recommend those steps :
- mesure your latency
- go in the bios, desactivate all features besides the most basic ones
- mesure your latency again (should be lower)
- activate the features again one by one to check if one feature induce a lot of latency (usually it's the integrated sound card, or the turbo mode on the CPU)

desactivating / debloating windows can lead to lower latency, as well as some bad drivers can increase it dramaticaly
Some motherboards tends to increase the latency as well. Few reviewers talks about it unfortunately.

as for the USB ports, I recommend that you use the ones that are on the top (usually they are red)

did you installed the latest chipset drivers from AMD's website ? (forget asus website on this)
you may have to unzip the package manually and update the drivers from the windows control panel directly. do this for the USB. after this check the driver's version on windows control panel, to confirm it's the right one that is installed.
I also recommend to do this for the AMD SATA drivers (wich are kinda hard to find in the package)

you may also uninstall sound drivers, network drivers etc and download the updated version from the chip manufacturer directly (realtek, intel, etc)

also, if you have an AMD graphic card, try to disable ULPS using regedit. My PC was driving me crazy before I did it.
http://www.overclock.net/forum/70-a...-how-disable-ulps-cfx-windows-10-crimson.html
Indeed I used Latencymon to check my latency.

To be honest with some of the fresh formats i had problems, but after next format it was all good.And yet all those tweaks cannot interfere with the mouse speed...I mean they help making it more smooth i guess..

For the drivers i just unzipped them and run the setup exe, after i went to device manager and saw that the correct one was installed(Version) but the year was always 2017 something like that.
For the sata drivers, i only have the generic ones from Microsoft, i google about this and i found that there are no AMD Sata drivers for windows 10.

If i am mistaken correct me.

·
Registered
153 Posts
those tweaks with DPC latency can and will change the mouse speed and feel.

Please read carefully the links i showed you. i'm sure you willl be closer to a solution

also, wel it's the base, but you disabled "mouse acceleration" in windows control panel, right ?

in the end you may also resell your mobo on ebay (with a disclaimer about the DPC latency), and buy a new one. you would end up wit less than a 100$ expense wich is low by computing standards :)

edit :
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157761
70$ with rabate, and you can sell yours at least 50-60$ on ebay easy. more if it's a high end one

I don't know what your hourly wage is, but if i were you i would not spend anymore time on this

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
those tweaks with DPC latency can and will change the mouse speed and feel.

Please read carefully the links i showed you. i'm sure you willl be closer to a solution

also, wel it's the base, but you disabled "mouse acceleration" in windows control panel, right ?

in the end you may also resell your mobo on ebay (with a disclaimer about the DPC latency), and buy a new one. you would end up wit less than a 100$ expense wich is low by computing standards :)

edit :
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157761
70$ with rabate, and you can sell yours at least 50-60$ on ebay easy. more if it's a high end one

I don't know what your hourly wage is, but if i were you i would not spend anymore time on this
I admit that sometimes i had around 1MS delay, but i fixed it with couple of formats... but my lag persists even without having dropouts clicks etc etc..., sometimes i head buzzing in headphones using some of the ports...

Some people say outlet problems....(whole grounding of the flat is bad)
I am student, for now I am fully studying, and even if i worked the wager here is the lowest you can imagine.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have also heard of problems caused by bad electricity in one place.

you can try to bring your PC elsewhere just to ckeck.

in wich country do you live ? surely not the US or canada because a few dozens $ is not big deal for people having custom desktop computers here.

oh also you could try to use a PCI-to-USB expension card. surely you can find ones cheap on ebay or on your local classified ads

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
People in america mostly are paid hourly, here we are paid daily for 7~8 bucks(Macedonia-FYROM).Normally for students jobs. And yes I could try that but now I am out of money spending for extra things...
And that is good idea, to go and check to other place how would the PC(mouse act) in different place.
Thanks for the advice.!

·
Premium Member
16,114 Posts
DPC Latency is definitely a great thing to check. If you're getting other things like headphone buzzing -- have you tried your system outside of the case to see if the issues persist?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DPC Latency is definitely a great thing to check. If you're getting other things like headphone buzzing -- have you tried your system outside of the case to see if the issues persist?

Yes I did took out all components out of the case and run the PC without it, problem still comes, the point is, today i went to other room(outlet) Mouse felt so fast, but the problem was comming back slowly, it wasn't still consistent.

DPC while gaming and browsing was less than 400ms all the time green. about 4 hours.

I wouldn't suspect the DPC here, problem is still here with or without DPC latency issues.

Consider this is problem occurs also on LINUX.

That is why I included that in the main thread, I suspect more the hardware then software things.

·
Premium Member
16,114 Posts
It sounds like it's time to RMA the mobo then honestly. You've done an extreme deal of troubleshooting to the point I think it'd be one of those cases that they'll honestly just tell you to RMA it straight away rather than have you troubleshoot further.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will try my luck, even If I know my retailer will say everything works perfectly..

Thanks for the Help!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts