Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I can't manage to install my coolermaster hyper TX3 because the pins doesn't enter those holes
. This is my frist time trying to install a cooler, I'm kinda noob.

Picture 1: LGA 775 type, with a premade mobo by HP pavilion called ASUS Benicia

Picture 2: The pins of the coolermaster hyper TX3

Picture 3: How the pins from the stocker cooler looked like

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
You will need to first remove the motherboard and remove the metal plate behind the CPU socket, then you can install the cooler because it is a pushpin type cooler.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm planning to remove my mobo, this is my mobo:

This is my current pc, so where do I start? It's a HP pavilion serie.

What parts must I remove first to get the mobo out? All those wires confuses me

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
i really hate dell/hp etc for making cases difficult to work on.

it looks like that big metal box (dvd drives?) is blocking the mobo so youre going to have to try and unscrew that from the case.

these OEM guys make it so that its really confusing to work on so you have to send it in and they get more money.

as far as the mobo goes you'll have to remove like pratically everything and then unscrew the mobo

one important thing..MAKE A NOTE OF ALL OF THE WIRES/CABLES THAT ARE PLUGGED IN!

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
It's not necessary to remove the mobo from the case unless the mobo has a back plate to remove. But socket 775 mobo's don't have a backplate from what I recall. All you need to do is push the pins in correctly. This is why I never use push pin cpu coolers, it's a PITA to do. Here' a link on how to apply thermal paste on a direct heat pipe cpu cooler.

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.ph...1&limitstart=5

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawaiian_geek View Post
It's not necessary to remove the mobo from the case unless the mobo has a back plate to remove. But socket 775 mobo's don't have a backplate from what I recall. All you need to do is push the pins in correctly. This is why I never use push pin cpu coolers, it's a PITA to do. Here' a link on how to apply thermal paste on a direct heat pipe cpu cooler.

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.ph...1&limitstart=5
are you blind? there is obviously a backplate and YES socket 775 does have a backplate depending on what cooler you use.

·
Registered
76 Posts
lol ofcourse that push pin isn't gonna go through....your MOBO has threaded holes....NOT EMPTY HOLES

so that push pin mounting mechanism isn't gonna work.

you need screws type mounting mechanism

1 - 7 of 7 Posts