Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got 4.4 ghz without any problem, but when i go to 4.5ghz the computer will stuck on "starting windows", even if i raise the vcore
so i tried to enable "cpu pll overvoltgage" and it was stable, but when i turn on the computer it dont start on the first time. it stay on black screen and after few seconds its shut down, and then turn on itself again and stay on black screen... this loop happens few times until the computer turning on
how to solve this issue?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
I see no less than three boot screen logos when booting (assuming it boots up thrice before loading windows), though I have been thinking that I could "solve" this by changing the bios to "keep current" with regard to some EPROM setting, instead of "force bios".

I wonder if your machine simply has the same behaviour as me, doing dual or perhaps tripple boot (my asumption, could be wrong about this). I guess, it is fair to assume that the "keep current" setting might not be safe with all scenarious. To be honest I know too little about this, but I want to be helpful, so what I wrote is perhaps of use somehow.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,112 Posts
a) disable splash screen
b)do NOT overclock via bclck

ehh..read this guide..I'm thinking you may not have the power limits set high enough

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1578110

I enable pll overvoltage....then change the amount from auto to .004-.020..that way it won't juice your cpu too much
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decoman View Post

I see no less than three boot screen logos when booting (assuming it boots up thrice before loading windows), though I have been thinking that I could "solve" this by changing the bios to "keep current" with regard to some EPROM setting, instead of "force bios".
I wonder if your machine simply has the same behaviour as me, doing dual or perhaps tripple boot (my asumption, could be wrong about this). I guess, it is fair to assume that the "keep current" setting might not be safe with all scenarious. To be honest I know too little about this, but I want to be helpful, so what I wrote is perhaps of use somehow.
sometimes there are two loops, sometimes 5 loops..
what is "keep current" setting? i couldn't find it in the bios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmuckley View Post

a) disable splash screen
b)do NOT overclock via bclck
ehh..read this guide..I'm thinking you may not have the power limits set high enough
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1578110
I enable pll overvoltage....then change the amount from auto to .004-.020..that way it won't juice your cpu too much
what is splash screen?
i didnt touch bclck
i couldnt find an option the change power limits
i cant change the amount of pll overvoltage. i can only choose from enable, disable, and auto
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
I have the exact same problem with an Asrock motherboard. I've tried everything and it still persists. I've read simalar posts with EVGA boards also. If I had to guess, it's an issue with PLL Overvoltage and the CPU itself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does anyone know how to get over it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantida View Post

I have the exact same problem with an Asrock motherboard. I've tried everything and it still persists. I've read simalar posts with EVGA boards also. If I had to guess, it's an issue with PLL Overvoltage and the CPU itself.
what frequency did you reach without pll overvoltage?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i disabled the c3\c6 and c1 and it seems to be good!
smile.gif

but i have anouther problem now: in stress everything is stable, but sometimes in idle the comptuer freez..
what i need to do?
 

·
Data Recovery Engineer
Joined
·
20,225 Posts
Put the sleep states back :/ Sandy overclocks via turbo so the CPU clocks back down to 1600MHz when the CPU has little data to eat. Unless you are doing a manaul overvolt, turn off sleep states causes lockups as the CPU steps down when it is not in use. Do you use offset to adjust voltage?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so you're saying to overclock the turbo? i will try it later
but my cpu clocks back to 1600mhz anyway..
i tried to use offset voltage but the voltage is acting strane.. in stress it was 1.3v and in idle sometimes 1.07v and sometimes goes to 1.38v
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top