Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently built a comp for a friend. runnin a q6600 and a gb ud3p mobo. i read on hear lots of people having probs with this mobo causing a reboot cycle. my friends comp is doing this as well. i tested the memory slots with trusted memory and it wont post. it does the same as if it had no memory in it. just powers on and then shuts down. i have troubleshooted everything except clearing the cmos. would that fix it or does this board just have bad dimms?

·
Totally New to OCN
10,627 Posts
Always do a CMOS reset, as he might has set some rediculous setting causing the machien to be superbly unstable.

Unfortunately I do not really knwo much about the issue but would always suggest Cmos reset, disconnecting unneeded items (like extra HDD's) just to simply help Rule out a PowerSupply / Amperage issue.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the memory that came out of the computer is causing another computer of mine to do the reboot cycle, however his computer won't work with the good tested memory in it either. could it be something on the mobo messed up with the dimms and screwed up the memory as well?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts