Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello community,i built this rig recently with the help of a friend as i am interested in gaming and i want to overclock it in the future(I am in the process of learning at the moment), i havent started yet as i dont feel ready for it!
The rig is the one in my sig,also note that i am running Windows 7 64bit.
Well the problem is that when i turn my pc on, and check my system through control pannel--->system it shows that i have 4GB of ram instead of 6GB and i have to restart the pc, then it correctly shows 6GB. Other times its ok from start and shows 6GB when i check it.
I havent touched anything in the bios since the day i built it, i suppose everything is on auto/normal settings,voltages.
Why is that happening?

P.S Just ask me if you want pictures of bios and i will post asap.
Thank you.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you greyfox99!
I will RMA my ram i suppose.
I wish there is a way to avoid this though as i bought them from another country(prices here are ridiculously high) and it will take ages to change them.

·
Registered
857 Posts
youre welcome Turbonerd

Well I wish you the best and I hope it gets back to you soon. You may wish to make sure it is the ram before sending it off if its going to take so long.. Perhaps memtest, even though that guy that had the same issue managed to pass memtest. But we just want to be sure in your case, if possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts