Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Today I was playing some cs and had my computer on, then I turned it off, because my fan on my heatsink was making a weird sound. So I tried to move it off the alluminum edge a little and moved the heatsink up and down a bit. Then I tried to start my computer and but the monitor doesn't get a signal. It turns on regularly but the monitor just doesn't recognize the computer.
help please
help will be awarded with +rep
thanks
felix

·
Registered
720 Posts
Plug the monitor cables back in.

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,454 Posts
I would guess maybe the noise was the vga's fan? is it working/blowing air? also with the comp and monitor on, reconnect to cable between them. My rig has done similar things too but Im thinking its usually the monitor being stupid.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by felix.vollrath
View Post

i oress the power button, all my LEDs start, fans start spinning etc, and my monitor just stays black as if nothing is connected to it. no mobo information, nothing.
any ideas what could be the problem
felix

if you have another PC, then please try to use the same monitor for that i7 build on it, and tell us please if the screen works on the other PC please.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Seeing as it's the 28' Hanns G; did you just pick it up and not install the driver's by any chance? Could have something to do with it.
Try taking out your graphics cards and putting a spare in if you have it. At the very least, try removing and re-installing the graphics cards; you may have knocked them loose by accident.
Lastly, make sure you didn't accidentally knock your 6-Pin connectors out of your graphics cards, and that they are firmly in place.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok so my motherboard shows the following postcodes when booting, still doesn't work. I also took out the cmos battery but the problem stays the same. it's b8 it think it could also be 68, it looks like either one, then it changes to bF or 6 F not sure

1 - 14 of 14 Posts