Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AMD Overclocker
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
My laptop has started to feel very slow lately, like something is about to die. Problem is, I don't know what it is. So, I'll start off with the symptoms.

When playing cs:cz(one of the few games I can actually play), the game kind of skips about every 2 seconds. And it's not just the game, the sound does too. When i'm watching videos it sometimes does this too.

Also, when I move windows around on my screen, they leave a white trail behind them.

I'm starting to think this might be a hard drive issue since the drive is getting pretty old. The laptop is a Gateway MX6453.

Thanks for the help guys and if this sounds like a hard drive issue to you, please recommend me one(preferably really cheap
) thanks!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Defrag, Then give it a good cleaning and re-seat your CPU and GPU Heatpipes.

·
AMD Overclocker
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Villosa View Post
It sounds like your gpu might be starting to go.
I really hope not. I would have to buy a new laptop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCOC View Post
Defrag, Then give it a good cleaning and re-seat your CPU and GPU Heatpipes.
Ok, i'll try this. I just replaced the tim about a month ago so maybe this is what is causing the problem.

·
AMD Overclocker
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any other suggestions?

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
Sorry about my first reply, I was in a rush.

Here's what I would do in this situation:

1. Check temperatures and, if possible, compare it to old readings. Note any differences.
2. Memtest your ram; misbehaving ram can cause all kinds of issues.
3. Uninstall your video driver using Driver Sweeper and reinstall latest driver in Safe Mode. Gateway's support site should have all your updates.

Misc things to do on a regular basis anyway:
1. Defrag HDD
2. Clean your vents and internal components

·
AMD Overclocker
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Villosa View Post
Sorry about my first reply, I was in a rush.

Here's what I would do in this situation:

1. Check temperatures and, if possible, compare it to old readings. Note any differences.
2. Memtest your ram; misbehaving ram can cause all kinds of issues.
3. Uninstall your video driver using Driver Sweeper and reinstall latest driver in Safe Mode. Gateway's support site should have all your updates.

Misc things to do on a regular basis anyway:
1. Defrag HDD
2. Clean your vents and internal components
Wow, that actually did the trick! I had to use driver sweeper and install the newest driver(2006 lmao
). For some reason I had drivers on here for a 200m based gpu when mine is a x1150. weird.

Thank you! rep+

1 - 8 of 8 Posts