Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not fired up the PC yet, just doing leak testing.

With regards to cleaning the loop, could I just use the T-line I have and refill as it slowly comes out?

That way I would not have to bleed the loop again, I would just be flushing the system.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
It's gunk coming out of your radiator. Flux left over from manufacturing. Use a mix of 50/50 vinegar/water, heat it in a kettle so it is almost boiling, and then pour it into your radiator. Shake it around a bit and then dump it out. Then wash the radiator twice with tap water then once with distilled before putting it back into your loop.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I shall get some pics up later today, When I first got the radiator earlier this year I flushes it out to get rid of the flux.

I did notice that even though I only use distilled water, when I flushed out the rad before reinstalling it. There was a blue liwuid coming out :S

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Does your loop have dis-similar metals like copper & aluminum? Some RADs are aluminum and a majority of water-blocks are copper. This would cause a cloudiness in the loop. You would need to do a flush while running the pump, BUT you have no RES to help you out there.

Any loop running dis-similar metals needs at least 30% PG or EG glycol and 66% distilled water to success work correctly to ****** the galvanic corrosion. (PS, this will not work if "long life" EG coolant is used, only the good ol' green stuff.)

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bmaverick View Post
Does your loop have dis-similar metals like copper & aluminum? Some RADs are aluminum and a majority of water-blocks are copper. This would cause a cloudiness in the loop. You would need to do a flush while running the pump, BUT you have no RES to help you out there.

Any loop running dis-similar metals needs at least 30% PG or EG glycol and 66% distilled water to success work correctly to ****** the galvanic corrosion. (PS, this will not work if "long life" EG coolant is used, only the good ol' green stuff.)
And you can't use Ethylene Glycol if you have any acrylic in your loop, because alcohols cause acrylic to break down, which will eventually cause a leak.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts