Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, This is my first thread that I have posted here.

So I have spent the last 2 weeks trying to figure out which gpu I wanted to purchase, I already had a ati 5670 that I got like 2 months ago. well my computer was the bottleneck for that gpu, YES, it really sucked. It worked better but I only got a 5.6 WEI score, lol... Anyway so I decided to build my first computer, So I started ordering all new parts from new egg, and built my very first computer about 2 weeks ago. I figured I would stick with the 5670 but that was a mistake, lol... I want more so I purchased a gtx 460 from Newegg 2 days ago and its still has not been shipped, I have contacted them and nobody got back to me, I wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem?

If it was not for OCN, I may have made the wrong decision like I did with so many other parts with my computer. You guys are great thanks for all the help OCN...

***edit, the amount has already been charged to my card...

·
Registered
148 Posts
I too had the same problem with them... it seems that they have more than one warehouse. i had to wait a full 8 days for my ram to come which was in NJ... then it sat in NC ...for 3 days. mind i live in virginia. Note to self * never use eggsaver shipping*

·
Dream Chaser
3,765 Posts
Yes they have more than one warehouse. Some in CA, one in NJ, and some others. But I would not worry. EVERY time I have ordered from the egg I ave had my shipment within 5 days. And my list is like 75 items long. Newegg is one of the few remaining businesses that I admire for their customer service, speedy response/shipping times and hassle free order process. Not to mention their competitive pricing. I am sure it is either already on the way, or in process of being on the way. And gtx460 was a nice choice.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Like the post said before if its something you really need or want to be delivered by just the shipping time rush processing is the way to go. Im trying to think if I have ever ordered w/o rushing but I don't think so. I think is was 4 hrs tops my order was shipped and had a tracking number.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by leichtwork View Post
Hey guys, This is my first thread that I have posted here.

So I have spent the last 2 weeks trying to figure out which gpu I wanted to purchase, I already had a ati 5670 that I got like 2 months ago. well my computer was the bottleneck for that gpu, YES, it really sucked. It worked better but I only got a 5.6 WEI score, lol... Anyway so I decided to build my first computer, So I started ordering all new parts from new egg, and built my very first computer about 2 weeks ago. I figured I would stick with the 5670 but that was a mistake, lol... I want more so I purchased a gtx 460 from Newegg 2 days ago and its still has not been shipped, I have contacted them and nobody got back to me, I wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem?

If it was not for OCN, I may have made the wrong decision like I did with so many other parts with my computer. You guys are great thanks for all the help OCN...

***edit, the amount has already been charged to my card...
Be patient, it will be shipped, if you ordered it passed hours of operation, it will be shipped the following day, and will remain as "Charged". Its on time, no worries, it will be shipped in 3 business days. Say its Monday, you'll get it Wednesday (Provided it isn't a Chasis/Case), If you order Friday past the operation hours, it will be sent out of the warehouse the following day. Humans work at Newegg too, you know, they get paid, go home, and have a life.

Its completely normal, not a problem at all, no need to worry.

I know what you're thinking though, it happened to me seeing I get off of work at 8:30, and I'm at school from 5:30am till 2pm; I really only order past operation hours. Or on weekends.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I have spent like 2 grand there in the last 4 weeks. and I always ordered tuesday or wednesday and I would have it around noon on friday. Thats why I got a little worried. This is the first order from CA, most came from NJ or TN.

I found it for a deal, came with Iron Man 2 and Just Cause 2. Don't care for the game much but a free game is a good dea. I do whant the movie though, lol...

Yeah but the order status is charded and it has been since thursday evening. I made the order late, it was around 9pm est.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Quote:

Yeah, I have spent like 2 grand there in the last 4 weeks. and I always ordered tuesday or wednesday and I would have it around noon on friday. Thats why I got a little worried. This is the first order from CA, most came from NJ or TN.

I found it for a deal, came with Iron Man 2 and Just Cause 2. Don't care for the game much but a free game is a good dea. I do whant the movie though, lol...

Yeah but the order status is charded and it has been since thursday evening. I made the order late, it was around 9pm est.
They'll get around to it, they might of ran out of stock on certain items you purchased, and may have to wait for a shippment, late sunday, early monday. If the fault is on them, they might reimbusrt you shipping charges, unless you got the Egg Saver (Which is a crappy-ass shipping method)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yea I just ordered some part's yesterday and i have noticed that today it took longer than ever to get my tracking number.

Normally I would get it a few hours after my CC is charged. I never take rush processing, I want to get my stuff that I paid for, something that will last for years to come, won't matter if it came today or tomorrow

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by infested999 View Post
Yea I just ordered some part's yesterday and i have noticed that today it took longer than ever to get my tracking number.

Normally I would get it a few hours after my CC is charged. I never take rush processing, I want to get my stuff that I paid for, something that will last for years to come, won't matter if it came today or tomorrow

I always do rush shipping.

Me:

"Ok, Checkout"
"Do I want Rush Shipping? Ahh wat teh fook, *click*"
"Oh wait I didn't realize I just wasted $3 that did absolutely nothing"
"
"

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I have always got my tracking number with in about 8 hours. Going on 26 hours
. But I guess they are busy, I just spent 2 weeks trying to figure out what I want and now I must wait, lol... Sucks...

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Quote:

Yeah, I have always got my tracking number with in about 8 hours. Going on 26 hours
. But I guess they are busy, I just spent 2 weeks trying to figure out what I want and now I must wait, lol... Sucks...
I know, I think Im gonna start going to Frys and spend 1 1/2 driving, could be worth it
. Saving up for a new CPU/Mobo/Ram/Graphics card. Got the case PSU and fans/components. And probably an SSD.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZFedora View Post
I know, I think Im gonna start going to Frys and spend 1 1/2 driving, could be worth it
. Saving up for a new CPU/Mobo/Ram/Graphics card. Got the case PSU and fans/components. And probably an SSD.
I wish I had a place like that to go to. My best place to go is tigerdirect, and that is owned by compusa and I worked at a compusa like 10 years ago and I refuse to go there now.

I just got back into computers really, my last computer was an hp and it was ok, I paid under 500 for it and it did the job, but now I want better and I just built a my new computer and wish I would have ordered different stuff. I did not find this place until after I ordered everything. opps, lol... I need to get a better psu next and not sure if I want to upgrade to a better cpu. I'm thinking of getting the 1055t but I don't know if I want to yet. I just built this computer like 3 weeks ago. I think after my GPU comes in I will be good for a while. Lets hope at least, who really wants to stop upgrading right, lol...

·
Registered
416 Posts
yeah i use to live rigth next to the wearhouse in NJ, why oh why cant they just open it up so you can walk in grab what you need and go i dont know... they should have a store, not like radio shack or best buy.. just a wearhouse where you can look up the item you want on-line, see where it is in the wearhouse, and got pick it up, screw having ppl who know less than you do try to sell you something in a store, just a bare warehouse with one check out lane, not allow to ask questions just get your item and go or dont come in to the wearhouse

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by vonVanir View Post
yeah i use to live rigth next to the wearhouse in NJ, why oh why cant they just open it up so you can walk in grab what you need and go i dont know... they should have a store, not like radio shack or best buy.. just a wearhouse where you can look up the item you want on-line, see where it is in the wearhouse, and got pick it up, screw having ppl who know less than you do try to sell you something in a store, just a bare warehouse with one check out lane, not allow to ask questions just get your item and go or dont come in to the wearhouse
Thats how Tigerdirect was about 2 years ago, there warehouse had a tiny store about the size of a small radioshack so you could go there and buy stuff. It was nice, all the people that worked there were like us that were crazy about building computers, most were younger kids that just like computers. Now that CompUSA owns them they are like best buy. Sucks...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts