Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a dilema every time i place this video card in any of my 3 pc's the just short out and dont start i dont know what video card it is but im guessing that dont really matter right lol? just that it creates some sort of short i can get a pic if u guys need it thanks and the mobos are
ta790gxb am2+
a770e
and
mcp6p am2+

·
sɪɴɢɪɴɢ ɢᴏᴅᴅᴇss
3,364 Posts
There is a problem with your GPU then...

Or a very unlikely problem that all 3 of your comps have the same problem on the pci-e slots.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Is the power connected properly? If so, are you using 2x molex or 6pin connections? If its shorting out, theres a problem with the card. Is it PCI_E x16, or x8? Be aware you're running a lot of wattage for a 550w, 3 1TB Hdds, and a 320gb hdd, plus a 5770, Phenom Quad which is 90w-125w, plus, i assume, 2x 4GB RAM sticks, plus all the Molex fans on your case.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
really ? i did a psu calc test and it came out to like 405? hmm maybe ill upgrade for christmas
thansk for the concern also
the pci doesnt need power connection its just a basic card very small with a tiny fan and would baking it work?

·
Banned
13,823 Posts
check the card, i had a rig i built that i put the card in and the rig didnt turn on, pulled it out and put a different one in and it still works to this day.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Divineal View Post
really ? i did a psu calc test and it came out to like 405? hmm maybe ill upgrade for christmas
thansk for the concern also
the pci doesnt need power connection its just a basic card very small with a tiny fan and would baking it work?
Baking is usually 50/50 shot and is a last resort, when everything repeatedly fails. But what the heck, give it a shot.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
A card like that doesnt sound worth the hassle. Just buy another card

1 - 10 of 10 Posts