Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys ,

I have latest RivaTuner version (2.24) and a 9600GT VGA with latest drivers (196.21) and every time i am trying to OC this through RivaTuner it shows ONLY driver level overclocking with core and memory clocks , what should i do to see the rest?Thanks for help

·
Totally New to OCN
10,627 Posts
The rest of what?

Rivatuner drives me batty, too many options and in weird spots making me incapable of using it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Same issue with my PNY 8800 GT. I just uninstalled RivaTuner and installed MSI Afterburner in its stead. Afterburner has the options you are looking for.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pringlecks
View Post

Same issue with my PNY 8800 GT. I just uninstalled RivaTuner and installed MSI Afterburner in its stead. Afterburner has the options you are looking for.

Thanks dude, but does it work with my 9600GT?

·
Ore Wa Gundam
1,800 Posts
Get different drivers. (anyone else that wants to stick with RTuner)

196.21's have an 'overclocking bug' where you can't OC in RivaTuner at all, and only in the latest EVGA Precision and MSI Afterburner can you OC with these drivers.
196.34(BETA) and others will be fine.

RivaTuner might be more complex to learn off the bat, but IMO it's so much better, with Fan Profiles etc.
To each their own though

·
Initializing...
23,786 Posts
Its the drivers that cause OC problems even nvidia said so, update to the 196.34 driver and you will be able to OC the shader clock. Use MSI afterburner or EVGA Precision instead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts