Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have been using a MSI laptop to game for a couple years. I recently got back into Diablo 3 and even with all settings on low, I still lag around the screen and really not even capable of playing with friends. When I use the turbo button it works perfectly fine and smooth but it only stays on for about 10 seconds then turns off, then won't work unless I let it sit then try again. If I'm just letting it sit there with no game open, it stays on. Is there any way to fix this? Or any way to make it actually capable of running the game.

·
Registered
579 Posts
You need to check your temperatures.

Your CPU, GPU will automatically throttle beyond a temperature threshold, to prevent it from going any higher. And it reaches this threshold faster during gaming. Which would explain why it stays on when the laptop is Idle

Use MSI afterburner and let us know your temps(Enable OSD to mointor during gaming). Or you could just run MSI kombustor and note the rise in temp(in turbo and normal mode. Also use coretemp to check your cpu temps.

Let us know
smile.gif

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was playing the game for about an hour and a half with no turbo, 5 minutes after closing the game it was at 76 C (168 F). Turned turbo on when it was at 72 C and it hasn't moved at all, turbo shuts off when actually playing the game so i can't really test that.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,414 Posts
I have no experience with MSI machines, you might have better luck asking the MSI gurus over at forum.notebookreview.com. They should be able to fix the issue there.
redface.gif

First I've ever heard of this problem.
redface.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts