Overclock.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new Razer Carcharias and i cant for the life of me get it to work on ventrilo, vent will detect that its there. Monitor mode will show that its picking up sound, but the test function and other people in vent cant hear me apparently. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yarp, already did all that type of stuff. Guess i should've mentioned that it works on everything else, except vent.

(TS, Steam Games, MSN)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm actually playing with volume control open, when i test it says its playing sound to the "speakers" so maybe vista doesn't know how to use my headset? like maybe its a problem with the headset part an not the mic. But even then in all games n winamp n such it works fine.

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
It should work if you hold down left control. You can rebind it in the setup - alternatively you can turn off "Use Push-to-Talk hotkey"

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
K'eh tried without P2T turned off, doesn't change anything.
When talking in vent *talking to myself in multiclient* I dont hear anything =/

EDIT: my vent info is: aluminum.typefrag.com // 14965

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Can I have a screenshot of your setup with monitor activated while you're speaking in your microphone?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aha! figued it out, apparently my headset defaulted to 5.1 sound on vista instead of stereo

EDIT: Thanks for your help and idea's guys =D

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OwnedINC View Post
Aha! figued it out, apparently my headset defaulted to 5.1 sound on vista instead of stereo

EDIT: Thanks for your help and idea's guys =D
damn vista >.< My AMAZING vista.. still thinks i don't have headphones even when i use the front panel connectors doesn't show headphones only speakers such a nuisance

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol yea my vista calls my headset speakers, but w/e on that =P
Am happy now i has working vent! Must be cause vent only uses 2 sound channels an everything else i've been playing does 5?

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OwnedINC View Post
Lol yea my vista calls my headset speakers, but w/e on that =P
Am happy now i has working vent! Must be cause vent only uses 2 sound channels an everything else i've been playing does 5?
You can configure Ventrilo to use surround. There's a reason to why they call it one of the few surround sound-compatible voice comms programs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.