Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rather bad problem, acctually 2 of them. First on my 2ghz computer (this one) everytime I run FAH it crashes my computer, or my monitors start getting all boxed up and you can't see anything then it crashes. So I've been limited to folding at home at the moment till this problem can be fixed. Though go figure apparently some of my army was left on at school
because I'm stil gaining rank. Schools out for winter so this is kinda great. Anyways, my second problem is that the linux binaries come in, in a .exe form, so I have to install Wine. How dare they!!!! I need to get wine, but it won't make a clean install for some reason, anyone know where I can get the binaries for it?

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSmiley

Rather bad problem, acctually 2 of them. First on my 2ghz computer (this one) everytime I run FAH it crashes my computer, or my monitors start getting all boxed up and you can't see anything then it crashes. So I've been limited to folding at home at the moment till this problem can be fixed. Though go figure apparently some of my army was left on at school
because I'm stil gaining rank. Schools out for winter so this is kinda great. Anyways, my second problem is that the linux binaries come in, in a .exe form, so I have to install Wine. How dare they!!!! I need to get wine, but it won't make a clean install for some reason, anyone know where I can get the binaries for it?

The linux .exe files are executable under a normal bash shell....

Give it a go:

./FAH-blah.exe

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
C'mon...Judging by your avatar i thought you was a Linux/BSD guru

You need to give it execute permissions

chmod 755 FAH502-Linux.exe

Then try running it

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

I am FARRRR from a guru. I just the devil... he's so cute as my Fiance says.

Haha, i know what you mean - my other half thinks tux is cute

Did the permissions fix your prob?

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
emmm, I should probably do that shouldn't I
. But I still need to figure out why it crashes this machine

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

emmm, I should probably do that shouldn't I
. But I still need to figure out why it crashes this machine

Is it giving you any kind of errors or a kernel panic?

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no no no the unix is running fine... Why didn't I think of the chmod rwx? (which if I'm right it should be equivalent to 753) anywho!!! no I'm talking about windows crashes when I run FAH.

Edit: Ok, this is reversed, but FAH is running fine on this computer now... but on unix no WU (Work Units) are running alright
bah!!! This means work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts