Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know whats happening, whenever i change some FSB,VCore or DDR Ratio in my BIOS, my Operating systems get corrupt......!
i have a 80GB SATA with 8mb cache
any clues whats going on..1
this has happened more than 10 times with me in the last 3 days since i m trying to OC my system.....!
My OS list is displayed and when i choose 1, it gives errors like missing files, in windows\\system or system32.....!

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
mbr is screwed

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Cpuld be you PS cant handle the load!
A weak PS will upset the HD... seen it take em down over time too!
Check...
1. Are your 3.3, 5 and 12v good and stable?
2. With that system I's strongly recommend 24a or more on your 12+ v rail(s) total.
Moving POST to AMD General

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Not if your PS is the issue!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think my PSU is Ok its 400 Watts MACRON, and i doubt if it has a problem, let me try to see if the MBR is creating problems..!
it gets screwed everytime i OC.....!
thanx for help, let me figure out something, till then ill run at normal 200FSB

·
Registered
563 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Jester

mbr is screwed

I had some errors that were fixed by rebuilding the MBR. If you want to do this, go to bootdisk.com and get the win98 boot disk and use it to make a win98 boot disk. Boot from the floppy and then drop to DOS. run fdisk /mbr and it will erase and create a new MBR for you. If you need more info on this go Here. This may help you out. I must warn you that sometimes if your problems are bad enough, running fdisk /mbr may cause you to have to reinstall your OS.

I was getting enumurate win32_Bios erros and this was due to my bad MBR. It did get fixed with the new MBR. I know that your errors may not be the same as mine, but having a corrupt MBR can cause a lot of problems. Do not use the recovery consle to fix the MBR!

Good luck and I hope you get things worked out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts