Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, got a good one for you.

I have a brand new linksys E3000, and my wireless card is a linksys PCI card that is dual band and brand new. supports wireless g and wireless n.

when i first got the E3000, i immediately set it to secured WPA2-Personal with a pass key and it secured and i could connect to the network just fine.

well recently i had to reset the router and so i went back to try to secure it again. did everything over again but now windows will not connect to the secured network. oh, its secure, but i cant connect. if i unsecure it, it connects fine.

whats going on?

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
Uninstall all your wireless card's drivers and try again. Something may have gotten toofed.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I had a similar problem recently with a sitecom wifi stick. The solution was changing the passwork to AES+TKIP instead of only AES (or was it only TKIP???). Anyway the wifi stick is pretty new, and it too connected only on first connection or when I used WPS.

Hope I helped!

EDIT: Nice rig there, killabytes!!!
eek.gif

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what i ended up doing was resetting the router back to stock, and then downloading an updated Ralink driver for my wireless adapter. once that was finished, i was able to set up a WPA2 personal security mode for the router and was able to connect securely via AES and am now sailing smooth!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts