Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexisd

I just receive my system yesterday ,the problem is with the 6800 gs sli cards.some black's lines at the games.some help here please?

that would be your PSU... time for a new one
I'm guessing your using the one from your case?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
hesa right its stibilaty problems id say get a ocz powerstream 620W that should solve your problems

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
its the lack of power getting to the videocards whats the 12V amps your psu is rated for?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
there should be one around 18A rear that

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
yes it your psu u need at least 20A if you are running 2 videocards in sli or u get stabilty problems (those lines)

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

I can belived but goin to work around that,Thanks

work around it... oh boy, your running yourself into more trouble

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Black lines? top and bottom? or middle of the screen? if its top and the bottom then its ur resolution, if its not the resolution then its the power supply try using 2 different connections, instead of having 2 connections from the psu going to the 2 card use 2 connections isntead.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Quote:

Thank's sporadic lines are gone for good.I read the FQA in nvidia problems solve.No problems with PSU> 500 wtts are good and ready to play awsome 6800 gs sli.super fast,looking later to ov.Basics firts.Thank's .

You are most welcome mi amigo.

Es

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
lmao u could have a 1000W psu if the 12V rail has low amps like yours then ur ****ed eather way u go

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Compfreak

hesa right its stibilaty problems id say get a ocz powerstream 620W that should solve your problems

They don't sell a 620W, but they sell a 520W and a 600W. The 600W has been known to have problems. I haven't heard much negative about the 520W, but they're both made by the same manufacturer. (ToPower)

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/07/...st/page21.html

1 - 18 of 18 Posts