Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Chaintec GeForce FX5600 256mb card and just installed those vstudio extreme 71.20 drivers and everything was cool. I went to the "Clock Frequency Settings" window then "Performance 3D" and clocked on "Detect Optimal Frequencies" When that was done it automatically upped my

2D Core 270 -> 270 MHz,
2D Memory 500 -> 590 MHz,
3D core 325 -> 368MHz,
3D Memory 500 -> 590 MHz
I also checked "fans always on" and "apply these settings at startup"

After rebooting I played some call of duty and like 2 minutes into it my computer froze. It never freezes in this game so it obviously has something to do with the drivers or the frequency settings. Help me please.

btw my fresh rate... what should it be at? I hate it when the damn screen goes black for 1 sec every time my computer starts. Thanks

edit: after it froze and i rebooted this message came up:

·
Registered
356 Posts
no not that because there is two versions of the 71.20's the 71.20b for series 6 users and the plain upgraded 71.20 for geforce fx users. you probably have the 71.20b's that dont work well with the geforce cards download this driver http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=947 also put all your clock frequencys on default

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
I would bet my life that your frequncies are too high. Auto detect only detects for about 30secs. which mean if your playing a game your going to freeze.

Your memory is probably fine, just try lowering your Core frequency till your stable in games. I bet it works

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's the exact same link i DL'd it from earlier. i'll give it a shot then lower the core like u guys said. i just started using my new monitor and it only runs at 60Hz.

btw, can i monitor the pgu temp like MM5 monitors my cpu?

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
k ive been playing call of duty for the past 2 hours w/o any problems. i left the memory up at 590MHz but left the stock 3d clock at 325MHz. so far so good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts