Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here's my problem sometimes this is only sometimes my "Explorer" gets taken out and comes back real quick, do you guys know what the problem is?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armend

Well, here's my problem sometimes this is only sometimes my "Explorer" gets taken out and comes back real quick, do you guys know what the problem is?

what do you mean taken out?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash

A little more info would be cool

well my whole computer gets stuck for like 2 seconds and my explorer disappears you know like your start bar, there's just my destop left and then it comes back again, guys click on task manager go to procceses and end "Explorer" see what happens and that's what happens with me.

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
That would mean your computer is wiggen out >_>. Explorer essentially runs your computer in a sence. Isnt really to much you can do about it. What are your comp specs?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
yea, it's just windows feaking out.
whats happening is for what ever reason explorer encounted an error. when it happens it restarts it self.
depending on what happened, some times you will get the windows error reporting, other times you wont.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jori

That would mean your computer is wiggen out >_>. Explorer essentially runs your computer in a sence. Isnt really to much you can do about it. What are your comp specs?

look at my signature on top i thought it was an voltage problem becouse this never ever happend to me

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
you say "sometimes" it happens.

When does it typically happen? 2 seconds is a bit long, it sounds like explorer is recovering from an error.

I want to know what you were doing before explorer blanks out for a little bit.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421

you say "sometimes" it happens.

When does it typically happen? 2 seconds is a bit long, it sounds like explorer is recovering from an error.

I want to know what you were doing before explorer blanks out for a little bit.

you know what emule is? well it's a downloadin program so when i opened my recieving folder it always messes up when i usally open it, not all the time tho.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armend
what do u guys think give me your opinions.

P2P software does usually have a lot of spyware with them. try making sure your computer is spyware free. Make sure Emule is trusted as alot of people use Kazaa and it is full of spyware and I know many computers it has messed up. Other than that I cant really think of anything.

Search for a program called spy sweeper it is only a trial but will let you update definitions once to latest and scan and remove any spyware, you may be surprised how much you have.

Only a suggestion dont know if it will help

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Philwn
P2P software does usually have a lot of spyware with them. try making sure your computer is spyware free. Make sure Emule is trusted as alot of people use Kazaa and it is full of spyware and I know many computers it has messed up. Other than that I cant really think of anything.

Search for a program called spy sweeper it is only a trial but will let you update definitions once to latest and scan and remove any spyware, you may be surprised how much you have.

Only a suggestion dont know if it will help
thanks bro, i have that microsoft new spysweeper and it didnt find anything i use to use spy sweeper but the trial is done, lol.

·
Overclocking since 1998
931 Posts
As people said, some other program is likely crashing explorer. If you could post a screen capture of all the processes running (using task manager), maybe we could help.

If you can't figure it out, reinstall windows and be careful what free software you install on it. If you can wait, install only one piece of free software per day and check to see if it starts crashing explorer. Maybe sure you have all windows updates completed and have up to date anti-virus and anti-spyware before you start installing free crap.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Man, it's just one of those software issues where ti could be 1000 things ahnd in the end, you'll just have to find out the problem yourself.

But just to get you on the right track. This prpoblem has nothing to do with hardware, trust me (unless your compouter is oced and you haven't done a stability check). What it is, is some software like [email protected], Xfire, File Sharers and Steam are ussually the biggest problems. So makesure you remove all those programd form your memory (RAM) and see if the problem persists.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts