Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i recently got a 9800 pro and before that I was running a geforce 5500. Ever since i installed the ati card my system seems to lag on everything. Ive tried newest driver and am currently running a older driver but , same problem. So I thought maybe it my psu because it's a cheapo one. So I hook another one up just dedicated to the graphics card and same thing. My question is do you guys think I have to reformat to fix the problem? Oh yea by the way before I installed the ati driver I did run driver cleaner and all that good stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
A reformat and reinstall of Windows always helps, its the only sure way of removing everything.

Also check in BIOS, make sure your're AGP Aperture is at 128, you might try fiddling with Fastwrites as well, on or off the opposite of whatever it is now. I can't remember if its Nvidia or ATi cards that don't like Fastwrites on. Its been a while since I messed around with an AGP card :/

You could also try some third party drivers like some from www.omegadrivers.net

• Rep+
Reactions: Andrewchamp

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
am on agreement with muffin on this....when i plugged in my 9800 pro it was the same story....so go on and reformat and try it again....dont forget to keep an eye on the temps though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.