Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i was goin to run these tests on my computer but everytime i do 3Dmark05 and 06 it gives me an error. It says "IDirect3DDevice9:
resent Failed: Device lost (D3DERR_DEVICELOST)" and when i run 3Dmark03 its says that 3Dmark03 lost focus. Its weird, my setup is ASUS P4P800-E mobo, with P4 3.0 oc'd to 3.3, with OZC Platinum Rev. 2 2-2-2-5 timings and a 6600GT oc'd to 582/1.18.

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex882005

Well i was goin to run these tests on my computer but everytime i do 3Dmark05 and 06 it gives me an error. It says "IDirect3DDevice9:
resent Failed: Device lost (D3DERR_DEVICELOST)" and when i run 3Dmark03 its says that 3Dmark03 lost focus. Its weird, my setup is ASUS P4P800-E mobo, with P4 3.0 oc'd to 3.3, with OZC Platinum Rev. 2 2-2-2-5 timings and a 6600GT oc'd to 582/1.18.

Have you tried setting everything back to stock and then retesting? Maybe your o/c is too high and unstable.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Have u tried downloading the latest direct x version? from what i remember u gotta have the direct x9 december version, to be hoenst with u had issues with 3dmark06 damn thing made my system crash and had to rma my mother board goodthing my cpu wasnt fried..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i dont know what happened, but it is running now. I just ran 05 with a score of 3864. I am running 06 now and so far no problems, but it is like a slide show, lol.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just ran 06 with a score of 1622, still cant get 03, there was another problem that arised with that, didnt write it down though. I just ran it again see if it happens again.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i coudnt get 03 to work, i just filled out my profile, the problem with 03 is sound. I dont know exactly what it said, but when it went to the sound test if failed. I should of wrote it down and now im not by my computer. I am at a different house on a really really really slow computer, lol.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Im currenly having this error. I googled it and people are saying [email protected] is the cause.

Thing is, im not folding when i run the benchmarks. and i havent even got it installed!! i just reformatted! TWICE!

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Im thinking its a combination of faulty hardware and poor driver compatibility.

Used the 84.25's with my 7900, and it can barely get past the CPU tests if it does at all, and when it gets to the last test (yet again, if by some miracle it manages it) it artifacts like crazy, then when it comes out of full screen everything is messed up.

If i uninstall the drivers and the card, and put in my 6200 then replace the 84.25 drivers 3D Mark runs fine.

Im gonna try swapping the 6200 for the 7900 again, as it might just be the fact i reinstalled drivers that it worked.

I HIGHLY doubt it will work, but its worth 1 last shot before i send the card back.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
The card doesnt work with any drivers from 84.21 to 84.43.

Sending it back...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts