Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just got my computer in the other night, and put it all together (first time for me). Only when playing games, do I get the problem of the computer crashing with vertical lines on the screen (GSOD I think it was referred to), I updated the driver from 10.1, 10.2, and finally to 10.3, with each one working a little bit better, but all crashing within an hour of gameplay.

I've been reading up on solutions to it as much as I can, it seems as I may not have to RMA it, and it may be entirely software issues, but I am not sure.

Setup:
phenom 965BE
Sapphire 5870 Vapor-x
Asus m4a79xtd evo mobo
4gb 1600 ddr3 ripjaws
ABS 1000w Dark Beret PSU

All stock, no OC's.

I haven't tried underclocking the ram, updating gpu bios (I think thats what they were referring to), would those be viable solutions you think?

Any help/tips appreciated!

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
well help us help you . Fill out pc spec in your console. The gsod issthe ram fault and drivers, That is why im still on 285 and not a 5870.needs new ram on some of them, because the ram chips are bad. Not saying its your card but alot are that are getting gsod.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by SFaznSpEEdSTeR
View Post

Have you tried any of the hotfixes?

I do not believe so. I could've sworn I updated to 10.3, but it's showing 10.2 as the current driver. I'm not very familiar with what the hotfixes are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GfhTattoo
View Post

well help us help you . Fill out pc spec in your console. The gsod issthe ram fault and drivers, That is why im still on 285 and not a 5870.needs new ram on some of them, because the ram chips are bad. Not saying its your card but alot are that are getting gsod.

Okay, put specs in. People are saying to OC 2d and underclock 3-d I think?

Would updating the bios void a warranty?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
What card did you have in before your 5870, did you completely clean out your drivers with driver cleaner if you were using a different product? Could be messing with your drivers if so.

Also the 2D clocks are supposed to be fixed with 10.4 drivers they are working on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evtron
View Post

What card did you have in before your 5870, did you completely clean out your drivers with driver cleaner if you were using a different product? Could be messing with your drivers if so.

Also the 2D clocks are supposed to be fixed with 10.4 drivers they are working on.

Complete new build. I've used driversweeper between each update of the drivers.

Edit:

For what it's worth, when I go into CCC and click "auto tune" above the fan icons, it goes into vertical lines, but I hit ESC, and it goes back to normal.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by impulsepainter
View Post

Hi guys, I just got my computer in the other night, and put it all together (first time for me). Only when playing games, do I get the problem of the computer crashing with vertical lines on the screen (GSOD I think it was referred to), I updated the driver from 10.1, 10.2, and finally to 10.3, with each one working a little bit better, but all crashing within an hour of gameplay.

I've been reading up on solutions to it as much as I can, it seems as I may not have to RMA it, and it may be entirely software issues, but I am not sure.

Setup:
phenom 965BE
Sapphire 5870 Vapor-x
Asus m4a79xtd evo mobo
4gb 1600 ddr3 ripjaws
ABS 1000w Dark Beret PSU

All stock, no OC's.

I haven't tried underclocking the ram, updating gpu bios (I think thats what they were referring to), would those be viable solutions you think?

Any help/tips appreciated!

Just use 9.12's with no hotfix. works a treat for me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts