Overclock.net banner

Problems with Lamptron FC6

3210 Views 37 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  g.androider
Need some help with my new FC6...
So I got everything installed but I'm having a couple of issues.

1) My fans don't run at their full rpm, even when the knob is turned all the way
My 2000 rpm rated CM R4s operate at 1750 rpm, my 2000 rpm TriCool runs at 1800, and my 3000 rpm vrm fans run at 2900.
I have a feeling that it's not outputting the full 12v but I haven't checked

2) It makes one of my fans make a clicky noise
It only happens to my TriCool and sometimes my R4s. It will make this quiet but repeated clicky noise that I can only make better by turning the fan down to ~80% speed.
It works fine when plugged into my motherboard or power supply.

3) The knobs are hard to turn?
Maybe it's just my unit, but it should take much less effort to turn the knobs. Not a big deal though..
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· 3DFX User
7,303 Posts
Great I just bought 2 of them....

· 3DFX User
7,303 Posts
Lots of fans! Im not happy unless my PC is ready to take off from all my fans lol!

· Registered
158 Posts
I was looking into the part about the fans not running at the rated rpm, I found somewhere someone said that the fan will never get the full 12V like straight from the power supply because of the resistance of the circuit of the controller. About the other two, I don't know

· Registered
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I suppose there is nothing we can do about that. Does anyone know about the clicky fan issue

As far as I know only PWM fans are affected by clicky fans noises

Or maybe my fan is just messed up I have no idea.

· Registered
781 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by iCrap
View Post

Omg holy crap 12 fans :O but did you ever think he might have 2 builds?

That..might be a possibility..

I still think it was worth to post it tho, you never know..

· 3DFX User
7,303 Posts
Now I feel stupid for buying them wonder if I should just send them back.

· Registered
781 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk777th
View Post

Now I feel stupid for buying them wonder if I should just send them back.

lol, sorry mate, didn't want to mess up your day..

I missed this controller completely, didn't see any announcements anywhere.

- Edit -

In case you do send it back and get the scythe controller, I've got the Scythe Kaze Master Pro myself, and it works just fine without any problems.

· Registered
14,224 Posts
I've the same issue with my FC6 - the fans never run at their fully rated RPM The CM R4's I have sometimes make it up to the 1900's, but rarely. I've got 4 of them on now at full speed.
Channel 1 (2 fans): 1720RPM
Channel 2 (1 fan): 1810RPM
Channel 4 (1 fan): 1740RPM
(Channel 3 is empty at the moment).

I have a GT AP30 which runs at around 4400RPM when powered from a standard 4-pin molex (with a single sensor wire connected to the FC6), but maxes out around 3900RPM on the FC6 after I modded it to a 3-pin connector.

That said, I've got two and the newer one has a different circuit layout. I'm currently using the older of the two, and maybe the newer revision has resolved the issue.

As for the clicking and difficulty in rotating the dials, I don't have a clicking but the R4's whine when the dials are low.
The clicking could possibly be that the airflow from the fan is pulling a loose wire into the blades
The dials are a little stiff to begin with, but the loosen up quickly

· 3DFX User
7,303 Posts
No worries. :) I needed a silver one to match my case only other choice was a Zalman... and I liked the lcd.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.