Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that Motherboard monitor was the best software for monitoring so I tried it. As soon as I start it up my computer completly locks up, stops grinding and even my curser is locked. I thought maybe it was just my mobo or I had entered the wrong settings so I reinstalled and found it still didnt work. I double checked that I had the right settings. I then tried other programs: Speed fan it froze up my comp too. and just a few mins ago CPU-Z froze it up too. Im wondering if anyone knows what is going on? if I can fix this?
 

·
Linux Guru
Joined
·
5,734 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Realm_walker

I was told that Motherboard monitor was the best software for monitoring so I tried it. As soon as I start it up my computer completly locks up, stops grinding and even my curser is locked. I thought maybe it was just my mobo or I had entered the wrong settings so I reinstalled and found it still didnt work. I double checked that I had the right settings. I then tried other programs: Speed fan it froze up my comp too. and just a few mins ago CPU-Z froze it up too. Im wondering if anyone knows what is going on? if I can fix this?

MBM is made for ASUS mobos, so it will not work on your system.

It just seems like your mobo is giving a Microsoft like rejection to anything that probes for it's status.

I would have to say, that your mobo is bad, there is no reason for programs of htat type to cause freezing. Has your computer been acting funny in any other ways?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, nothin else has been acting up. The mobo is actually next to brand new
I got it a week after christmas... Im gettin a job soon so I am thinking that I might get a better grade motherbaord later. I didnt have much money afore and really wanted to get a decent system. so I went for the budget grade. Thanks for the help mfillpot
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,555 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Realm_walker

no, nothin else has been acting up. The mobo is actually next to brand new
I got it a week after christmas... Im gettin a job soon so I am thinking that I might get a better grade motherbaord later. I didnt have much money afore and really wanted to get a decent system. so I went for the budget grade. Thanks for the help mfillpot


Try using SPEEDFAN if you need a program to monitor your system. Maybe this program will work and not lock you out.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,730 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by mfillpot

MBM is made for ASUS mobos, so it will not work on your system.

It just seems like your mobo is giving a Microsoft like rejection to anything that probes for it's status.

I would have to say, that your mobo is bad, there is no reason for programs of htat type to cause freezing. Has your computer been acting funny in any other ways?

I'm running MBM on my DFI and MSI boards, no problems. It is a matter of finding the right model of the monitoring chipset (if it is not a supported mobo). AsusProbe is made for exclusive use in Asus mobos.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Speed fan does the same thing, locks it up. As for MBM 5 when you set it up you imput what mobo you have. they had my mobo in the listing as "good" so I thought it was cool. *sigh* I really hope my mobo isnt bad. I just bought it...
*budjet grade things*

Thanks for the help and suggestions guys
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top