Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I have.
Corsair TX650
GIGABYTE Z77x-UD3H
I7 3770K
MSI GTX 660TI OC
Kraken X60 cpu cooler

I have 2 problems that Im assuming are being caused by my card

So far these only happen when Im playing or go to play BF3. Dont have any other games installed yet. I did play SimCity beta for about 30min and didnt seem to have a problem.

1) I get this DirectX error. Device Hung due to badly formed commands. I did some digging and I read in several places that if people overclocked their GPU, it would fix this

However, when I over clock my GPU(I used MSI afterburner), even if I up the settings a hair or +1, I then get a Flash Plugin disabled or blocked message in both FireFox and IE and Battlelog tells me I have to install a update, even if I install it, the message doesn't go away

Now, I don't normally overclock my CPU or GPU. MY prior comp had a first gen I5 12gb ram and a GTX 460 set at stock specs and I NEVER had problems. I spend $1500 on this comp, and I cant play BF3 for more then 30min without a problem, or sometimes I cant even get the game to load because of the flash plugin issue.

Ive had this computer a full week now and Im already fed up with this, and have no clue what to do or where to really start, as the research I have done, has pointed me in every direction looking at ever part of the PC, from the PSU to the ram, to the mobo, to the CPU

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Also ill note this Graphics card has the stupid coil whine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have whatever the most updated driver is

Im not home at the moment so can't give you an exact answer. But ill try your methods. I appreciate the help

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharchaster View Post

Which driver are you use? Try to uninstall driver with this method : http://www.overclock.net/t/1150443/how-to-remove-your-nvidia-gpu-drivers

Also try to run your GPU on another slot PCI-E, if it doesn't work, try to Clear CMOS and try to completely run your CPU and GPU at stock.
Found out I did not have the most up to date driver. So I installed it. Now I have 314.07. Still crashed after update.
Tried different PCI E slot, same thing, still crashes.

You state to uninstall the driver, Im assuming you mean to do a fresh driver install?

·
Registered
MSI
1,536 Posts
Same problem here Sniper
wink.gif

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED while playing Crysis 3 with GTX580 lightning 970/2300 sometimes after click exe it just happened but now it's gone ... I lowered my OC to 950/2300
smile.gif
use 314.07 WHQL driver also.

One Shot One Kill ....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I started to do the driver uninstall, and part way through uninstalling the drivers, the computer decided to auto-updated and installed the drivers back, but started at Driver 306.97. I left it alone and played BF3 for a bit and it seemed ok, but im skeptical on whether or not that fixed it. But ill find out tomorrow when Im home and have time to play more.

Sad thing for me is it takes forever to figure out if a "fix" worked or not, as the game only crashes with that error sometimes and its usually 10-20min into a match that I find out, troubleshooting this is very time consuming.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSniper View Post

I started to do the driver uninstall, and part way through uninstalling the drivers, the computer decided to auto-updated and installed the drivers back, but started at Driver 306.97. I left it alone and played BF3 for a bit and it seemed ok, but im skeptical on whether or not that fixed it. But ill find out tomorrow when Im home and have time to play more.

Sad thing for me is it takes forever to figure out if a "fix" worked or not, as the game only crashes with that error sometimes and its usually 10-20min into a match that I find out, troubleshooting this is very time consuming.
Are you using the method that I gave to you? and the "auto - updated" I assume from "Windows Update"...try to disable it first, and Uninstall your driver, I've experienced it awhile ago.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharchaster View Post

Are you using the method that I gave to you? and the "auto - updated" I assume from "Windows Update"...try to disable it first, and Uninstall your driver, I've experienced it awhile ago.
Yeah I was following the link you provided, I started to uninstall the Nvidia software through the control panel including the Nvidia graphics driver itself. When the computer reset the computer updated the driver and reinstalled it like an automatic update type deal. I prob do need to turn the updates off.

But like I said, after it reinstalled the driver, I left it alone and played bf3 for a bit and it seemed ok, it didn't crash, but ill have to play it more later as the consistency of the crash is hit or miss

·
Registered
266 Posts
Do you have any monitoring software running while playing? like Afterburner showing FPS ingame or Fraps? if so try to disable afterburner and open the game again,

I used to get a similar error after playing 30 mins in Crysis 3 i disabled FPS monitoring in Afterburner, restarted PC and played for a good 4 hours without a problem.

·
Registered
MSI
1,536 Posts
Bradley tutorial for uninstalling driver is very good since it will give you no left files or registries behind after uninstall driver.
Hope you fix this issue soon bobylee.
Btw it appears my problem still exist even at stock clock, but I restarted my windows and played again for nice 2 hours more without this issue with overclocked card ... weird.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aazelion View Post

Do you have any monitoring software running while playing? like Afterburner showing FPS ingame or Fraps? if so try to disable afterburner and open the game again,

I used to get a similar error after playing 30 mins in Crysis 3 i disabled FPS monitoring in Afterburner, restarted PC and played for a good 4 hours without a problem.
Uninstalled Afterburner a while ago, game still crashed

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heres where Im at. All prior attempts have failed. I uninstalled all the Nvidia software and cleaned out all the registries per the link provided by Sharchaster. I did a fresh install of the most up to date driver, skipping the 306.97 driver. So far everything is ok, but im still skeptical. I am keeping my fingers crossed though

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well all has failed. Was good up until a minute ago and it crashed again with that same driver error. Wondering if I should just RMA the card

·
Registered
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSniper View Post

Well all has failed. Was good up until a minute ago and it crashed again with that same driver error. Wondering if I should just RMA the card
I've experienced this error in my msi gtx660ti when i tried to run hitman absolution ripped from steam. It crashes and says the same error. Its the software not the hardware that has problems. If you are using steam, try to do a clean reinstall of steam. Im running crysis 3 and bf3 in max settings with no problems to date. Uninstalling steam and then reinstalled it while opting out of beta helps me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4p View Post

I've experienced this error in my msi gtx660ti when i tried to run hitman absolution ripped from steam. It crashes and says the same error. Its the software not the hardware that has problems. If you are using steam, try to do a clean reinstall of steam. Im running crysis 3 and bf3 in max settings with no problems to date. Uninstalling steam and then reinstalled it while opting out of beta helps me.
Running Origin

·
Registered
MSI
1,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4p View Post

Right I suspect this is what cause it, wether the software in game or steam it self... but still waiting for next Nvidia beta driver, could be the issue is from Nvidia driver it self.

·
Registered
283 Posts
go max out the voltage and power setting for the card and if it still crash then you can rma it

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Uninstalled origin and reinstalled, Same issue. May just toss my old gtx460 back in and see if that makes a difference

·
Registered
MSI
1,536 Posts
I found my problem only with Crysis 3 while sometimes the game automatically set to onboard display/IGD
mad.gif
that's way crashing happens and DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED show up. The solution is uninstall IGD driver and get rid of it via driver fusion/sweeper, also set manually PCI display in mobo to PEG and not Auto.
Looks like abit different with yours, BobbyLee.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts