Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this Linksys by Cisoc WAG320N modemrouter to replace my crappy old one modemrouter, but now I have problems to share my game hosting to outside world (out of my modem). I made picture to make the problem more clearer
:

So basicly it doesnt go out of my box, it only shares my hosting to my LAN ports, not to outside world (Internet), I want others to be able to connect me and I dont have idea what to do now. The games I have tried to host with are: Fifa2010 and cs:s for now, I tried port opening from portfoward.com to cs:s but didnt have luck :|

I'm also 100% sure that I host it right way, because I've been hosting exactly same way with my previous modemrouter.
Hope so somebody can help me

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
So what you're saying is that you are only able to host games locally?

Have you tried opening the ports on the router/modem? It sounds like the firewall on the router is blocking the traffic for your game. To check, you could try assigning a static ip to the host computer, and putting it into dmz to see if it is the router blocking that traffic.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-block
View Post

So what you're saying is that you are only able to host games locally?

Exactly.

Quote:

View Post

Have you tried opening the ports on the router/modem? It sounds like the firewall on the router is blocking the traffic for your game. To check, you could try assigning a static ip to the host computer, and putting it into dmz to see if it is the router blocking that traffic.

I have opened the ports from modemrouter, but Im unsure does it work propely because I tested the ports with www.canyouseeme.org and www.amule.org/testport.php but the results were ""Connection refused".

I also tried to reflash with newest firmware but that didnt help.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

View Post

Did you try putting your host computer into the DMZ?

I tried that too

Are these about right?
I tested again with "open port check tool" are the port open but it says that they are closed
edit: I also tested with "PFPortChecker" from portfowarding.com and it said that those ports are open :/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts