Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i sent my motherboard back, and it still wasnt working, so i sent my psu back and im still waiting for it to come back, but i went to best buy and bought an antec 650 watt truepower trio (triple 12V @ 19A)

that didnt work, so im baffled as to why its not working. i unplugged the ram... tried plugging each one individually, without any in, tried different dimms slots... nothing...

my rig wont boot, theres no response at all. im thinking its the case switch. any input?

·
Goodbye
10,269 Posts
try unplugging all your extra drives, run just one stick of ram and see if it will post. if it does, slowly plug things back in one at a time until it fails. Just try to narrow it down to what is causing it

·
Registered
748 Posts
Well... What do you mean by ''no boot''... Do you get a post at all?Also does the light on your MB light up whent you plug your PSU? If the computer starts but no post then I'm guessing that maybe your CPU is dead since you said you already change the board and PSU. Usualy with defective memory you get some kind of ''beeps'' when you power up. Also If you think that your case switch doesn't work then check carfuly the case wier pluged into the MotherBoard, especialy the one labeled ''Power SW'' or something like that.

There a couple of thing that you can try though:
Check the case wire carefully.
Check if the board light light up after connecting the PSU.
Reset your CMOS. (Refer tou your motherboard manual to see how to do it)
If you can flash the bios.
If you can fiend an other CPU to try in your rig you would be fixed.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it doesnt boot, it wont respond at all... no motherboard light, no nothing... its as if it wasnt plugged in at all. only response i get at all is when the psu is plugged in and im ready to hit the power button, theres a faint clicking noise, sort of like a time bomb... im not sure where it comes from or if its normal, but thats the only response i get at all.

i tried unplugging all of the drives and booting it with each stick of ram, and i also unplugged my sound and video card...

my motherboard is the 965G so its got integrated video...

next thing i'll test is my case switch... if thats not it i fear the problem could be my cpu - uh oh i already lapped it... good thing it was a nice cheap e6300... o well we'll see.. maybe newegg will replace it anyways haha

·
Registered
748 Posts
No light on the board??? And you change the Board and PSU... thats a tought one... I'm confused! Your shure that all the cable from the PSU are connected to the board? Have you tried to reset your CMOS by removing the batery? ( I doubt it will fix the problem but... I suggest your try it anyway)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Are you sure you plugged the case switch into the right spot on the mobo, maybe you have it reversed or on the wrong pins altogther?

·
Old school
14,403 Posts
Does the onboard LAN-led go on when it's powered? That is if u don't use wireless of course.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, i tried all those things except shorting it or whatever, no motherboard lights that i can see... i guess i just assume its the cpu, if they wont replace it for free then i'll have to buy a new one

·
Registered
748 Posts
mmmmmm.... don't the MB light lit up even if the CPU is Dead???

I'm guessing that it is suppose to be lit even if the CPU is dead but I'm not 100% shure. Can someone Confirm/Corect me?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts