Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a strange noising in my Proccesor that dont stop it came after OC, I tried stopping all the fans even the processor fan and didnt work, what it could be, the temperature of my proccesor is stuck at 43°C at never did go more than 50°C, what it could be, plz help.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Is it the PSU? One of the shop computers is always making a noise... Haven't isolated it yet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dunno, the noise appear harder when I connect the USB Modem in the computer, so when I connect to Internet the noise come back, is a penetrating noise that is killing my ears...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My HDD have a cooler with two fans, and I dont think is that, but I just wanna know that if proccesors make noises?, Its weird, I thought that they are all silenced, the temp aint high, the PC is stable and work fine, so why the noise, its weird...

·
Banned
233 Posts
Dude processors make no noise it is just electrons moving through silicon

I think it is probably u that is the problem some people get noises sometimes near computers

·
Registered
661 Posts
Is it a hjigh pitch sound? I have the same problem, except mine does it when under heavy load. Everyone has been telling me that its the mosfets? on the board that are making the noise... Its the thing that regulates electricity going into ur proc or nb

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Unplug your speakers

CRT monitors make noise.
PSU has fans. Northbridge fan?

Do this take a short length of tube add a funnel to the end. Hold funnel over your ear and move the end of the tube around till nois gets louder you should find your source of noise easy like this

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I have high pitch sound somewhere in the motherboard, close to the proccesor, I tried to disconnect the speaker, checked the monitor, the fans relocate all the cables and nothing, that noise grows when the proccesor is working, dont know what it is, but I know that is not me hearing things.

Mosfets? what is that, I someone tell how I can stop thar noise!!! I will go crazy...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts