Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, here is the deal. I have a latitude c400 that I really want to bump up a lil in power. It has an 866mhz Intel P3 M and I found a 1.2ghz P3 M that fits the lil guy. I open him up, get all the way down to the cpu and now I am haveing trouble removing it(the cpu). Anyone have any experience with a latitude c400? Any help on removing this processor would be GREATLY appreciated. THANKS

·
Premium Member
5,047 Posts
not 100 percent but its a dell notebook right.. it might be perm.. kinda like some graphic chips on the dell notebooks..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah..it was perm...
Thats ok, I'll just get a new motherboard. Too bad though. Now I have this extra P3 M 1.2ghz cpu just hanging out. Maybe I'll make a cool necklace or something with it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
well if your getting a new board anyway then you should try to remove the old chip with a hammer. its my favorit tool.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well dang, that sucks, i was going to ask the same question.
I just bought an 866Mhz latitude c400 on ebay and saw 1.2ghz cpus for like $10. i was hoping they'd be interchangeable, luckily i didn't buy it yet.

Since i can't swap CPU's does anyone know if the motherboard from the 1.2Ghz latitude c400 will fit in the 866Mhz c400? being the same model i would hope the form factors would be similar if not directly compatible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts