Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...im new here, but i made this Excel spreadsheet for comparison of processors and NoAffinity suggested i post it here, so here it is:

It includes a list of ALL P4's, Celerons, Celeron D's, Pentium M's, and at the bottom it also has AMD AXP's, A64's, AFX's, Durons, and Semprons....

For each processor I included the following:
-Model Name
-Clock Speed
-Manufacturing Process
-Core Code Name
-Socket
-Pipeline Stages - Note, Intel has not released the exact number of pipeline stages for the Pentium M...all Intel will say is it is more than tulatin (12) and less than northwood (20) so i put 12-14?
-L1, 2, and 3 Cache sizes
-FSB - both external clock and effective fsb...HTT speed with number of channels for the K8's
-CPU multiplier
-Vcore
-TDP (thermal design power)
-Special technology (HT=Hyperthreading, XD=eXecute Disable, SS=Speed Step, HTL=Hypertransport Link, 64=...self explanitory)
-Steppings - I did not list them for AMD processors, because, well, its difficult to find all the steppings for a particular speed grade, and so i omitted it

The attached file was made in Excel, but should be readable with Works Spreadsheet as well (link to Excel viewer), and i will update it for as long as im a member

Thanks to NoAffinity and Sephiroth for their input

also, if anyone finds actual problems, other than not liking my PR system, please feel free to tell me

·
Overclockiit
3,419 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AkXb70
Hey guys...im new here, but i made this Excel spreadsheet for comparison of processors and NoAffinity suggested i post it here, so here it is:

It includes a list of ALL P4's, Celerons, Celeron D's, Pentium M's, and at the bottom it also has AMD AXP's, A64's, AFX's, Durons, and Semprons....

For each processor I included the following"
-Model Name
-Clock Speed
-~PR Rating - a number i gave each processor denoting its power in relation -to a P4A, this # is approximate and should not be taken as 100% accurate, although i feel for most applications it will be close
-Manufacturing Process
-Core Code Name
-Socket
-Pipeline Stages - Note, Intel has not released the exact number of pipeline stages for the Pentium M...all Intel will say is it is more than tulatin (12) and less than northwood (20) so i put 13-19?
-L1, 2, and 3 Cache sizes
-FSB - both external clock and effective fsb...please do not say that the HTL on a64's is 1+GHz, the fact is, that extra bandwidth is unusable and so i put the "usable" FSB for those processors along with thier external clock
-CPU multiplier
-Vcore
-Special technology (HT=Hyperthreading, XD=eXecute Disable, SS=Speed Step, HTL=Hypertransport Link, 64=...self explanitory)
-Steppings - I did not list them for AMD processors, because, well, its difficult to find all the steppings for a particular speed grade, and so i omitted it

The attached file was made in Excel, but should be readable with Works Spreadsheet as well (link to Excel viewer), and i will update it for as long as im a member

Thanks to NoAffinity and Sephiroth for their input

also, if anyone finds actual problems, other than not liking my PR system, please feel free to tell me

Cool deal welcome to the forums.

·
Overclockiit
3,419 Posts
Quote:

thanks man....it feels weird to have virtually no posts....
Well im sure you will fill that as time goes on

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, heres a lengthy breakdown

everything is X core speed
Wilamette = .9
P4A 400 = 1.0
P4B = 1.05
P4A 533 = 1.02
P4C = 1.15
P4E = 1.14
P4B HT = 1.07
P4EE = 1.22
2MB L2 Pressie = 1.26
Celeron wilamette = .79
Celeron northwood = .8
Celeron D = .91

Palamino = 1.17
T-Bred = 1.18
333 T-Bred = 1.22
333 Barton = 1.45
400 Barton = 1.47
754 NC = 1.70
754 Clawhammer = 1.82
939 NC = 1.8
939 sledgehammer = 1.85
940 sledgehammer = 1.83
Duron applebred = 1.0
Sempron = 1.22
NC Sempron = 1.5

NOTE: THESE WILL NOT WORK FOR O/Ced CHIPS COMPARISON

EDIT: small update
90nm A64s = 1.81
Applebred Duron = 1.04

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Man oh man, I can't even fathom the work that went into this. Excellent job, AkX, and welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
HE just signed up and almost has 20 reps... i need to make a chart

he starts with 10 reps and got 9 more, he also has 9 posts

For every post, there is a rep.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

thanks guys, does anyone have any imput for it?
Good Job man,
I had just recommended that this information be added to the website about a week ago, and here is it.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Hey AKX, what's happening? GJ.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
hey,

excellent job on teh Excel worksheet. it's amazing how much time you probably spent on it to get it where it is now. it seems as if i have line 69 on the worksheet, what does the PR number stand for? mine's 2940, so what does that mean?

thanks and great job!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by atvkid1090
hey,

excellent job on teh Excel worksheet. it's amazing how much time you probably spent on it to get it where it is now. it seems as if i have line 69 on the worksheet, what does the PR number stand for? mine's 2940, so what does that mean?

thanks and great job!
PR is a general rating i gave for the cpu stock speed....basically its a comparison of performance.

MAJOR UPDATE!!!, all kinds of stuff....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aznchowboy650
gj man well done
yo! what does FOLDING means. i keep seeing this word in the forum. newb

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by silentone
yo! what does FOLDING means. i keep seeing this word in the forum. newb
Folding @ Home is a distributed computing project that is used to simulate protien folding in order to better understand the processes involved and possibly come up with cures for various disorders/disieses/etc

UPDATE: alot of PR changes in addition to a few processors

1 - 20 of 88 Posts