Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my friend is soon going to finish her animation degree, and needs a computer for freelance work. Budget is very limited. I am unsure as to what to what hardware to recommend. Her main program is Autodesk Maya and I do not know whether it would benefit from more cores, intel over AMD, which GPU or even if it needs one?

Any recommendations or hardware benchmarks would be great! Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Windows is not required which will free a large proportion of the budget. Definitely air cooling.

·
Dark and Dropped SUV
4,026 Posts
Definitely get you a lot of cores. Maybe an i7 6700K or if you can a i7 5960X Extreme. As far the GPU an Nvidia Quadro could work for you. For memory I would do a minimum of DDR4 16Gb.
Not 100% sure what to recommend you without a budget, but you can look at the CPU, memory and GPU I put up and you could probably go from there.

• Rep+
Reactions: KaffieneKing

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBalll View Post

Definitely get you a lot of cores. Maybe an i7 6700K or if you can a i7 5960X Extreme. As far the GPU an Nvidia Quadro could work for you. For memory I would do a minimum of DDR4 16Gb.
Not 100% sure what to recommend you without a budget, but you can look at the CPU, memory and GPU I put up and you could probably go from there.
Thank you for the reply, so more cores will benefit more than a gpu?

Is there a way to use a consumer card for hardware acceleration?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts