Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a program that can shut the computer off at lets say 12:00 at night, something that i can change the time if i want to.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
you could just right a program in VB easy enough for that

·
Registered
997 Posts
Windows has it integrated

Create a shortcut anywhere on the computer,wherever it is easiest for you. When it asks for the file during the begining of the wizard enter

shutdown.exe -s -t 0

^^That is a one step shutdown. Without it,the shortcut would only bring up the shutdown prompt,where you then must click shutdown,restart,or log off.

Go to Accesories>>System Tools>>Scheduled Tasks.

Click add new task.

Browse for the shortcut you just created. Select and time and how often you want the action to occur(For you,every night at 12).

Then finalize. You now have auto shutdown.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you mean add a new folder, if not how do i add a shortcut.

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
I tried to do this, and when the Scheduled Task runs, I get a flikker of a DOS screen... and nothing happens?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerBello

Windows has it integrated

Create a shortcut anywhere on the computer,wherever it is easiest for you. When it asks for the file during the begining of the wizard enter

shutdown.exe -s -t 0

^^That is a one step shutdown. Without it,the shortcut would only bring up the shutdown prompt,where you then must click shutdown,restart,or log off.

Go to Accesories>>System Tools>>Scheduled Tasks.

Click add new task.

Browse for the shortcut you just created. Select and time and how often you want the action to occur(For you,every night at 12).

Then finalize. You now have auto shutdown.

Nice

1 - 10 of 10 Posts