Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't getting any bites in the SSD forum, and I think this forum is more appropriate anyways, as I'm pretty sure the problem extends from me jacking up windows.

Let's begin. New SSD. I installed windows on it, toyed around for a while getting my GPU to work and getting windows easy transfer to work with it. Got my "Preferences" transferred over but for some reason this didn't include the start menu items and desktop items like I thought it would. Any suggestions on how to do that quickly and easily?

Now the meat. Keep in mind I'm running in AHCI while using the SSD, and have to switch back to IDE to boot from the HDD. My programs installed on the HDD run fine when I am using that copy of windows. I switch over to the SSD and about 70% of them have registry problems. Different problems for each program. This file is missing, that is courrupt, location not found, etc.... Switch back to IDE windows and everything is fine.

Am I going to have to reinstall everything on the HDD while running in AHCI? Please tell me there's a quicker fix.

·
Premium Member
7,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Balls... Just Balls....

I may only have 400 gigs of programs, but it is literally hundreds of small programs..... I won't be finished for months...

·
Registered
793 Posts
I know, I had the exact same problem when I Installed a SSD in my HTPC. Easy transfer just isn't working properly, and you can't use a backup software to restore because of the new hardware.

Basically, if you want your rig to run smoothly and not encounter crashes all over the place, a fresh install is your only option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts