Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A newbie making progress overclocking my CPU after unlocking to four cores. Now at 3,950 MHz on 219 FSB and 18x multiplier through BIOS changes. Have not changed the voltage which is as 1.344. Running Prime95 for hours and temp has reached 33C. Should I continue to push higher? If so, which parameter? How do I change the voltage? In BIOS? Where? Running AMD overdrive too. If needed, what do I look for to adjust memory timing? How?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
i think it's fully unstable... if you had LLC enabled it can run but not 6-12 hours prime...
drop HT link once to 9x / increase CPU voltage to 1.45v/1.475v for 3.9 stable and 1.5v for 4ghz stable ... and cpu nb to 1.3v finally the ram to 1.65v and you are done ... do prime95 test for 6-12 hour and report back

·
Banned
4,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuksel911;15203160
i think it's fully unstable... if you had LLC enabled it can run but not 6-12 hours prime...
drop HT link once to 9x / increase CPU voltage to 1.45v/1.475v for 3.9 stable and 1.5v for 4ghz stable ... and cpu nb to 1.3v finally the ram to 1.65v and you are done ... do prime95 test for 6-12 hour and report back
LLC should be enabled with THE FORCE OF A THOUSAND SUNS, i usually enable it forcefully, disable it, then enable it again with even more force JUST to make sure its really on.

COU vcore is safe until 1.57 (1.55 for te nubez) and NB and CPU/NB should be as low as posswible, but definitley under 1.4.

RAM voltage doesnt matter as much since you simply CANNOT kill the IMC on AMD chips, so as long as your RAM can handle it youre fine. I used to run mine @ 2.15v during torture tests of P95.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
You will kill that motherboard if you oc that CPU as a quad
See about vrms and mosfets in my sig

·
Registered
781 Posts
Uh 3+1 Phase power design, I smell burning VRMs here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by xd_1771
View Post

You will kill that motherboard if you oc that CPU as a quad
See about vrms and mosfets in my sig

So you recommend I disable two cores (as original) if I want to OC? So is two cores OC'd better than 4 cores not OC'd for gaming or non-gamers?

·
Registered
781 Posts
No you don't have to disable your 2 cores just don't overclock it. You can still have a quad at 3.5GHz with 1.325v vCore.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz;15205257
No you don't have to disable your 2 cores just don't overclock it. You can still have a quad at 3.5GHz with 1.325v vCore.
I am confused. The CPU is a 3.2GHz Phenom II X2 555 BE C3. Isn't 3.5Ghz overclocking? How high should I be able to take it (2 cores and 4 cores) given the MB concerns above?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts