Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a progressive water cooling loop ill be throwing together over the year. There will be draining and refilling. First things ill be getting are my 120mm rad, my cpu block, my pump, my res, and 2 magmas. I wanna replace this crappy coolit eco.

*** NEW *** EK-Supreme HF High Flow - Highest Performance CPU Water Block - Copper/Red Plexi
- Fitting Size 1/2" Barb for 1/2" ID tube
$74.95

XSPC RX120 Extreme Performance Radiator
- Nozzles Add Pair Bitspower Compression Fitting 1/2" ID 3/4" OD
$68.70

Swiftech MCP655â„¢ Series 12 VDC Water Pumps - Bare
$66.95

*** NEW *** XSPC Bay Reservoir 5.25" - Aluminum Front -Black/Silver
- Fitting Size No Fittings
$39.95

Feser Tube Active UV Hose - 1/2" ID (3/4"OD) Anti-Kink Tubing - UV Red
6feet $16.50

XSPC RX360 Extreme Performance Radiator
- Nozzles Add Pair Bitspower Compression Fitting 1/2" ID 3/4" OD
$103.70

EK-FC5770 for AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5770 Series Reference PCB Design - Black Acetal
- Optional SLI Fitting Add CrossSLI Danger Den Fittings Set
- Fitting Size 1/2" Barb for 1/2" ID tube
$173.90

*** NEW *** EK-FB ASUS Crosshair 4 Waterblock - Acetal - Nickel
$134.95

Enermax "Magma"-Twister Bearing SilentExtreme Operationl 120mm Fan - Sleeved
- Sleeve Color Black
- Heatshrink Color Black
(8) 127$

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah when i start getting things. ;] I just ordered a 5770. So it might be a bit till i get started on purchasing the parts for the first loop. Also the dual 5770 xfirewater blocks might change if ati comes out with a new fairly priced and powerful card for the 6000 series. It'd be cheaper just to buy 1 block

BTW im only 13 so if my build doesnt look beautiful im sorry:< Im doing my best XD

·
Registered
705 Posts
If you can afford it a set of Koolance quick disconnects might be helpful if you plan on upgrading your loop throughout the year. This way you won't have to remove various blocks that are a pain when you want to take stuff out.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I might get a couple of disconnects all depends on money you know. And to fastsite, my computer and my loop is my science fair project LOL.

·
RGB Numba Wan!
23,319 Posts
quick disco, try koolance VL3N, skinnee did a review and had almost non-existing dripping and was comparable in flow to other quick disco fittings he reviewed. I have the VL4N, I didnt get to the skinnee review until i had gotten it. I just use it as a drain line for my res. Its a novel idea to add them through out the loop, but I find them a bit too heavy and may hinder smooth bends you are trying to achieve. And most are design like compression or barbs. I would have done some if they had g1/4 threads to add some to my rads. Im on my work pc right now, sub'd, get some pics soon.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All depnds on money. Including pics. Ill try to get the basic cpu loop done first

BTW my system is a amd 1055T on crosshair iv formula 4gb gskill 1600mhz ram 5770ocz modxstream wd 320gb hard drive

·
RGB Numba Wan!
23,319 Posts
nice. btw, go the the user "control panel" (cp) and click on "edit my system" on the left, fill out your systems/parts specs, it will show on all your posts. add a link to your sig for your build too

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
VERY nice for only being 13 and planning on H2O.
Gah, I remember those days....building a 33Mhz Pentium with 8MB of memory on a 1.5(?)GB hard drive and windows 95 was brand spanking new. Those were the days....

·
RGB Numba Wan!
23,319 Posts
at 10, I was taking my pops drill to modify my case for bigger fans

• Rep+
Reactions: Dustinthewind

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HMMMM I think ill get everything nickel plated and ill get bitspower compression fittings for everything. Also ill throw in a few koolance QDCs.

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustinthewind View Post
For this loop should i get the mcp655 or mcp355?
IMO, I like the MCP355. Not as great flow compared to the MCP655 but the head pressure is much higher. So if you're loop consists of many restrictive components (chipset, GPU, CPU, etc.), it would be best to get that pump since it can go through all of that.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can you rate my system and tell me if i would need that my whole end loop configuration is on first page.

And btw fastsite ive got ch4f amd x6 1055t 4gb gskil ripjaws ocz 750W modxstream 320gb western digital hard drive and 1 5770 (FOR NOW)
And a coolit eco for temporary cooling till i atleast get custom cpu loop done.

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustinthewind View Post
Can you rate my system and tell me if i would need that my whole end loop configuration is on first page.
You could go with the single RX360 and it would be able to cool all of the stuff you listed.

The extra 120mm radiator really isn't needed since the GPUs you will be using don't give off that much heat.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts