Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Hardware Gearhead
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DSC02942banner.JPG

Ok, here i go again... but with Water cooling :DDD. This will be my first water cooled rig.

Well anyway, here is some background. I am a volunteer fire fighter (for 5 years now) and it has been in my family for a long time. I have waited for 2 years to build this, and im pumped up.

This case will mimic a fire truck. Having a pump area, ldh hose, and other key features.

I was up in the air of choosing between a Lian Li PC-7F and 9F but I came up on a HUGE deal on Performance-Pcs I could not pass up.

Here is what I have ordered for PPCS.

I have also ordered a pump from BMaverick (thanks for the epicness)

Also the first mod I will be doing is making the side panel look and act like a compartment door. I have found the same latches that are on our new fire truck on Amazon and have ordered 2. http://www.amazon.com/Southco-Inc-SC-42211-Adjustable-Latches/dp/B002I05QM2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327277558&sr=8-1

Caselabs is also letting my buy a set of thier henges. I would use a regular henge, but then the panel would not be detatchable. Thats why the Caselab henges are a must.

LDH, or large diameter hose, is the main hose we use to get water from the hydrant. The couplings look very similarly to what compression fittings look like. (I know you can see where im going with this
biggrin.gif
) The exposed cpu loop tubes will be covered with a yellow 3/4 inch heatshrink. This will look very close to what LDH really looks like.

There will be alot of metal work in this case, I will be adding a floor using Aluminum Diamond plate.

Oh, and all exterior panels will be powdercoated Red, and in chassis may be coated black or grey.

Once I get the materials and start modding, I will let you know ;D

Ikem

·
13,101 Posts
Subbed, can't wait to see the progress and final result
biggrin.gif

·
Hardware Gearhead
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Caselabs hinges ordered. Shipped
Pump has been shipped.
Still waiting for conformations from PPCS and Amazon on my other parts.
Amazon parts Shipped.
PPCS parts Shipped.

·
Hardware Gearhead
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
While Im waiting for parts, heres a hot pic ;D

This was a practice burn I helped start. It was a good 6 hour practice, we had 4 buildings to burn.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Subbed, this is going to be great, good luck ikem.

By the way, will you be using components you already have in your sig rigs or will you be purchasing a whole new set of components?

·
Hardware Gearhead
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will probably buy a new psu (since my tx650 is kinda stuck in my current case...) but I will be using the 1090t, CHV, ripjaws, and hhds/ssd. Unless I come into some money or sponsors.

btw, ive been kinda looking at the different layouts for the exterior

Should I go Modern or Vintage

Im leaning towards vintage... just because...

Vintage - mmm Gold Leaf. I will be using a very dark and rich red if I go this way.

Modern - Use of Black and very sharp lines.

·
Hardware Gearhead
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the pump and 2 latches today... they shorted me 1... bah i hate when i dont get what i ordered...

anyway here are the 2 latches.

This one (and another that hasn't gotten here...) will be on the side panels, holding it closed.

And this one will be used to keep a panel closed over the drive bays.

·
Registered
151 Posts
SUBED!!!

This build will be amazing, probably one of the best build themes I have seen, IMO
thumb.gif

·
Hardware Gearhead
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A big thanks to Caselabs for letting my buy some of their Lift off hinges. They don't even sell them in the store! Thanks Jim

·
Hardware Gearhead
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Weekend update....

I have gotten a few other odds and ends, but I have been busy with fire fighter competitions.

I get all the things ordered from PPCS tomorrow
biggrin.gif

Large update tomorrow.

Ikem

1 - 20 of 175 Posts