Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, well I decided to take advantage of the live cash back a while ago and go for an I7 build. I'm just waiting on my MM case, which should be coming in this thursday.

My rig now: (in sig)

And now... the goodies:

Free pen from petra's

and bawls...

I'm goin to get some distilled water today and clean out the parts (with white vinegar mixture) and probably mess around with it with the stock intel cooler.

·
:)
11,146 Posts
nice! Now give us more pics

subbed

·
11,146 Posts
hehe
I hate waiting for packages lol

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, supposed to be 5 day shipping, but it turned into 7 days :/
I've had most of these parts sitting in my room for 2-4 weeks ><

I left the mixture in the radiator overnight and this is what came out of it:

Dried the rads off with a hairdryer after flushing it with distilled water a few times.

Here are some unboxing pics of the Foxconn BloodRage, the OCZ 1600 DDR3 Ram, and the I920 Nehalem CPU.

·
11,146 Posts
you know, If I where you, I would go on the first plane to Vegas, and marry that motherboard! (such a beauty!
)

Really nice pics man!
Keep on the good work

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
so you're having one the triple rad for the cpu loop and the other one for the NB, GPU? Im interested to see how the GTZ performs with the I7

·
Registered
145 Posts
+1 for going WC & doing it the MM way!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the triple rad is for the cpu and nb and the dual will be for the sli 260s.

I'm thinking of doing some tests with the cooling:

1. cpu unlapped + lapped true

2. cpu lapped + lapped true

3. cpu lapped + GTZ (stock lapped of course)

---- Going to add some more pics tonight.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My messy room now

Here are the water blocks for the cpu and video cards (with I7 adapters):

I noticed that the fins on the heatsink on one of my MCW-60s were messed up on the sides.

Good one:

Bad one:

I tried to bend some of them so they are better lined up, but I doubt it'll make that much of a difference anyways.

I realized that I probably shouldn't have put the waterblocks in a paper plate. Looks like residue came off and reacted with the copper. When I took it out, it wore off a little, but it's still there. Not sure if I should do something about it. Thinking of using a high grit sandpaper maybe. What would you guys suggest?

I just used the WD diagnostic tool on my velociraptor drives, so I'm going to start taking apart my old rig.

·
11,146 Posts
Nice pics! hmm.. not sure what to do with the blocks, I had the same thing with my old apogee gt, but as far as I know, it didn't affect the performance!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts