Overclock.net banner

Project Battle Hardened

9K views 74 replies 11 participants last post by  Furball Zen 
#1 ·
So I got inspired by the upcoming release of BF3 and decided to update my good ol' modded Antec 902 case to a new HAF X.

Here is a video of some mods I did to my 902;
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkyQsTfOzZE[/ame]

CASE PAINT
This is what I was thinking of doing(The cammo image I copied from the net looks like it has some sort of texture behind it which makes it look like carbon fiber. I thought that might be cool too. First wrap each side panel in 3M carbon fiber then paint the camo over top. Just an idea. And of course I would not wrap the front or top for ventilation.

HAFXSNOWCAMO001PIC-1.jpg

HAFXSNOWCAMO002PIC.jpg

HAFXSNOWCAMO003PIC.jpg

I have the Asus Sabertooth x58 mobo and I'm going to sleeve my cables with this;
http://cdn.nexternal.com/armynavy/images/reflective-tracer-paracord.gif

CARBON FIBER WRAP
I'm also thinking of covering the parts of the mobo tray that would be exposed after the mobo is in place with the carbon fiber just to make it look clean. Also might cover the plastic drive bay mounting hardware, hard drive trays at the bottom, plastic power supply wire shield, air duct for the video cards and my Gigabyte 560Ti plastic fan cover.

STEALTH DRIVE MOD
Also looking at doing the stealh drive mod.

LIGHTING
I was thinking of putting a white cathode on a toggle switch and red leds on a sound activated switch that would light up when explosions and sound is happening. Might be a little overkill but we'll see.

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions please let me know. Also if anyone knows of any systems that look kind of like this please post a link.

Thanks!

See less See more
#14 ·
Does anyone recommend a video or thread on "How to remove a 24,8 or 6 pin FEMALE connector pin".

IMG_00251.jpg

I bought a 24pin cable extension and I'm having some trouble removing the pin from the female connector side.

IMG_00241.jpg

Is it the same two pronged tool as it is for the male side? I'm still searching threads and youtube for info but they all show the male connector pin removal and not the female. I figured I could swap out my power supply while keeping the same look or swap my look and not my power supply. I don't know, just thought it might be a good idea.

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nvidia-Brownies
View Post

Your 902 Makes me want to buy it from you.

If you are serious send me a pm or email and maybe we can try to work something out.

Anyone have any suggestions about removing the pins from the female side of the 24, 8 and 6 pin extensions? I'd like to add some para cord sleeves to the Kobra SS extensions.

#18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarr69;14820238
If you are serious send me a pm or email and maybe we can try to work something out.
cheers.gif

Anyone have any suggestions about removing the pins from the female side of the 24, 8 and 6 pin extensions? I'd like to add some para cord sleeves to the Kobra SS extensions.
I am serious, but I'd have to trade
biggrin.gif

I have my P180 Here, which could possibly lead you to another mod project, and an MSI 880GM-E41 Motherboard that just needs a BIOS File (easy to find). I got that board Really far with my CPU. 1.53V's Stable with a small 80MM 1800 RPM Cooling them off
biggrin.gif

Never peaked 40C for VRM's.

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbarr69
View Post

LIGHTING
I was thinking of putting a white cathode on a toggle switch and red leds on a sound activated switch that would light up when explosions and sound is happening. Might be a little overkill but we'll see.

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions please let me know. Also if anyone knows of any systems that look kind of like this please post a link.

Thanks!

If you use a low pass crossover on the input, itll only go off with lower pitched sounds, especially if you have a subwoofer.

#20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvidia-Brownies;14820526
I am serious, but I'd have to trade
biggrin.gif

I have my P180 Here, which could possibly lead you to another mod project, and an MSI 880GM-E41 Motherboard that just needs a BIOS File (easy to find). I got that board Really far with my CPU. 1.53V's Stable with a small 80MM 1800 RPM Cooling them off
biggrin.gif

Never peaked 40C for VRM's.
Sorry thanks for the offer but I'm trying to clear some old parts out to make some room. I think I may hack it up and use it for scrap parts. or maybe just take the fans out and chuck it. If you want it stripped you can have it(if you cover shipping)
rolleyes.gif

#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furball Zen;14822248
If you use a low pass crossover on the input, itll only go off with lower pitched sounds, especially if you have a subwoofer.
That's a good idea. I just bought thiis
lit-62.jpg

I'll give that a run and see how it works. I may wrap in carbon fiber.

Thanks fro the suggestion.

#22 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarr69;14824670
Sorry thanks for the offer but I'm trying to clear some old parts out to make some room. I think I may hack it up and use it for scrap parts. or maybe just take the fans out and chuck it. If you want it stripped you can have it(if you cover shipping)
rolleyes.gif
I might just want that sucker. Gonna do a new build, and I might use this case. How much do you think shipping will be?

#25 ·
Quick mod I had to do in order to mount the H70 up top. Just used what was lying around. Gotta' use it right!? I didn't even have to drill any holes. There were some already there. Ahh, how convenient.

IMG_0041.jpg

I have to come up with some sort of terminal system on the right for the fans and maybe lights as well. I want to take out all the plastic drive mounts and place a flat black or carbon fiber board back there and then mount the fan and light wiring on top of that. Also, any word on the issue I asked about earlier about taking out a female pin from a 24 pin mobo connector?

IMG_0048.jpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.