Overclock.net banner

[Project] Black Listed

2118 Views 19 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  ML Infamous

*Banner thanks to [email protected]

About The Build:
Black Listed is going to be my first desktop build, I have been planning this build for quite some time
and the parts are finally starting to arrive.

The idea behind the build is to keep everything simple and sleek.

Every cable in the case is going to be sleeved as well as the tubing.

Below you can see some of the parts that will be going into this build.

System:
Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 Black Label Edition
Corsair HX1000 Power Supply
Corsair Dominator 6GB (3 x 2GB) 1600MHZ
Intel Core i7 920
EVGA x58 Classified
EVGA GeForce GTX 285
AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude
2x OCZ Vertex Series 60GB Solid State Disk
Samsung 22x DVD+-R Burner w/ LightScribe

Air Cooling:
7x Yate Loon 120mm D12SH-12 (88CFM, 40dbA)
Corsair CMXAF2 Fan & Heatsinks

Water Cooling:
2x Feser X-Changer Dual 240mm
2x EK-Multioption RES 150 Rev.2
2x Laing DDC-3.2 (18W) 12v
Heatkiller CPU Rev3.0 1366
Heatkiller GPU-X2 GTX285
30x Bitspower Silver Shining 1/2" OD Barb Fittings
Primoflex Pro LRT (7/16" ID, 5/8" OD)

Table of Contents
04/30/2009 - Starting the Build (This Post)
05/08/2009 - Planning & Test Fitting
05/26/2009 - Water Cooling & Cable Management
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quick Update, I received everything I ordered from Newegg and I was also going to receive everything from CableOrganizer, but turns out all I got was the heatshrink. The sleeving is missing in action, I've contacted there customer support and I'll receive a call sometime tomorrow.

For the time being, I work on other parts of the build.

Edit: It seems that my sleeving was shipped a few days late and I wasn't informed. The arrival date is May 04, a day before my monitor from dell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noahmateen1234 View Post
Just outta curiosity, why did you order 30 fittings? I calculated 16 is what you need.
It was a nice round number and I'm also going to have a drain port which adds 3 fittings each loop.

Rather have extra than order more.

· Registered
2,648 Posts
Very decent setup.

You may not need all 7 Yate Loons, you wouldn't beleive how effective they are in lower numbers. Especially when using them in conjunction with a water cooled setup. The only reason I mention this is because I use them myself and they are fairly loud at 88CFM. 7 of them would be akin to sitting next to a vacuum cleaner. At any rate you won't be dissapointed, i think youve made some great choices.

· Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Compulsive View Post
Looks sick! where can u buy black label cosmos's at? or are they only sold to select people?

sub'd
The Black Label edition was a limited run, only 500 where made.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interpolation View Post
Very decent setup.

You may not need all 7 Yate Loons, you wouldn't beleive how effective they are in lower numbers. Especially when using them in conjunction with a water cooled setup. The only reason I mention this is because I use them myself and they are fairly loud at 88CFM. 7 of them would be akin to sitting next to a vacuum cleaner. At any rate you won't be dissapointed, i think youve made some great choices.
I think I'll only use five of them but got a couple extra just in case, I don't plan to run them at full speed either, so that will lower the sound.

· Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I've been sleeving my power supply and test fitting things trying to get a better idea of how I'm going to have it all fit.

Here are a few pictures of the cable management and sleeving, I still need to adjust some of it, as the case door on the back side wont go back on.

· Registered
91 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ML Infamous View Post
So I've been sleeving my power supply and test fitting things trying to get a better idea of how I'm going to have it all fit.

Here are a few pictures of the cable management and sleeving, I still need to adjust some of it, as the case door on the back side wont go back on.

Dang! looking good man. Cant wait to see it all done!

· Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is an overdue update:

I have received everything for the build and have been slowly progressing on it.

Here is the table I've been working at and some photos of the tubing, clamps, fittings etc.

Below are photos of the inside of the case, I have everything mounted for testing except the second radiator which I'm trying to figure out a way to mount it.

Lastly just a quick photo of the cables out the back of the case, some still need to be sleeved and managed a bit better.

I'll have more photos as I progress, I currently have more to do such as tubing, sleeving, mounting the radiators, and cable management. Needless to say, I'm slowly getting there.

· Registered
1,455 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by damtachoa
View Post

I don't like the idea of putting the rad on that slot. If you can use one rad for all, that gotta be great.

I would have to agree. It would be a ok place for a secondary radiator. Just depends on whic part of the loop it is. You would be adding heat to the case, eventually the air will become over saturated, and its cooling effects will diminish. I like the direct connections with all you pieces. The short hose runs are going to look wonderful. I would (IMO) run a primary rad on the top of the case. Your cooling an i7, its going to over run that 240. (I think its a 240, cant really tell how long it is. No good picture of it.)

Are you running two separate loops, or are you running one loop with two pumps on low rpm?

Also +rep for the cable management. Individual sleeving. NICE.

· Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason4i7
View Post

I would have to agree. It would be a ok place for a secondary radiator. Just depends on whic part of the loop it is. You would be adding heat to the case, eventually the air will become over saturated, and its cooling effects will diminish. I like the direct connections with all you pieces. The short hose runs are going to look wonderful. I would (IMO) run a primary rad on the top of the case. Your cooling an i7, its going to over run that 240. (I think its a 240, cant really tell how long it is. No good picture of it.)

Are you running two separate loops, or are you running one loop with two pumps on low rpm?

Also +rep for the cable management. Individual sleeving. NICE.

I'm running two separate loops the i7 will be on its own TFC 240, (The one mounted on top) as for the second radiator I am currently working on a mounting to raise it up quite a bit and I will have a fan or two pulling in cool air right next to the radiator so the fans on the radiator can pull in cool air as well.

Once I have it set up I post some pictures.

Thanks for the compliment on the cable management took a bit of time and I'm still not done (seen from the back side photos)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.