Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

· Old School Computer Gamer
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to share my experience of my new build. The Copper Quad as I call it will boast an Intel Q6600 quad processor. I am planning of using SLI but first I will try 1 card. Also I will rely on air for cooling .. so far that is my plan. Now.... the elements.

After 4 months of heavy waiting my case ( the highlight of the build) has arrived. Coming fresh from the assembly line in Taiwan I pre ordered this baby thinking in exclusivity and i wanted to have something special for this Quad baby. The case Lian-Li PC-A60C anniversary edition Classical series. It has multiple fans top, bottom, GPU fan, CPU fan Back side fan. It has a special touch for this difficult to get piece and is Cooper Hard drive cage for 5 hdd, Motherboard tray and front bay covers. It has a special tag on the back noting the speciallity of this case with its number of assembly line. So here I share the story.. and hopefully this build be ready by Dec. mmm 24? I will take you to this long journey and I hope you guys like it and enjoy it.

The mobo I will be using is the P5N32-E SLI Plus... In the cyber world this board is called Frankenstain cause it uses different chipsets for the Northbridge and Southbridge. This board emulates a Nvidia 680i while not being that expensive... still is a very hard to tweak board.. only luck and skill will help me o and some help from you guys too

605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i waited about 4 months to get it.... lets hope everything comes together

· Premium Member
24,651 Posts
Whoa, I love that case. I saw some of the early pictures, but wow, that copper looks really nice on the black.

· Premium Member
6,216 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Perry View Post
Ok, for the record I hate Lian Li cases in terms of looks...until now!
What? Lian Li's are awesome. Oh well, as long as you like this one.

· Registered
700 Posts
That case is dead sexy.

605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am pretty much missing the gpu and cpu. Memory is on the way ... and all other components are just sitting waiting for prime time.

605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Intel Q6600 G0 stepping
EVGA8800 GTS 640mb
Pc Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad
Crucial Ballistix Tracers
Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal compound
Coolermaster Hyper Tx2 cpu cooling
P5N32-E SLI Plus board
Hard drives: SEAGATE

basic specs.

· Registered
909 Posts
I see custom blowholes at top and rear exhaust to fit 120mm fans in your future. Case looks awesome, I hope it came with copper cd-rom bezels, black probably wouldn't look to bad tho. Keep us updated, always been a fan of black cars with copper rims, so I'm really looking forward to see this project, and post tons of pics. Mike

605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kdbolt70 View Post
slight step up from a dell 8200 huh? That case is gorgeous.

Imagine after all these years I got my DELL back in 2002 ... after multiple upgrades... I decided to make the jump... Hopefully it will be a success.

· Registered
1,413 Posts
I think they electroplate the surfaces... but it looks great!! It has small fans that is my only consern, that 8800 probably isnt gonna like it all that much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtSpike View Post
That's an awesome case, but isn't copper more maliable than aluminum? Seems like you gotta be ultra protective of those drive bay covers as they'll dent real easy.

605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtSpike View Post
That's an awesome case, but isn't copper more maliable than aluminum? Seems like you gotta be ultra protective of those drive bay covers as they'll dent real easy.
While looking for this case that question came to my mind... Is my understanding the cooper has a special layer coating for protective purposes. Still ill let you guys know how is holding trough the progress of the build.

· Registered
909 Posts
all right, one thing that will look damn sexy on that mobo, a Zalman cnps-9700 or the 9500 hsf. It's all copper, does a good job with heat, can get it used or refurbished for under $40 on ebay, and it will look like it was specifically made for that mobo. It looked soo damn sexy on my IP35-Pro. Rep'd ya btw, keep us updated

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.