·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dark Glow
A Watercooled Lian Li

1pez35.jpg

Introduction:

Ever since I've got into DIY computers, something I've always wanted to own and work with was a Lian Li chassis. I had great dreams of fitting the most elaborate and eye-catching watercooling system in an elegant and sleek LL. However, good things never come cheap, and as a school-going kid, I've never had the dough to splurge on such a gem. In the end, the closest I could ever come to a Lian Li casing would be when I'm browsing around the local PC store.

However, after working various odd jobs and IT fairs, as well as being able to find a great deal on the casing of my dreams, I've finally met the opportunity to proceed with my greatest computer related fantasies.

The Plan:

The casing is a Lian Li A70F, and the theme is "Dark Glow". The primary colors will be blue and black. Right now, I'm only planning on transferring my current sig rig into the monster, as well as put the CPU under water. I've got my friend to do some modding work for me, so I can now put a 360mm radiator on the top internally.

In the very near future, the casing will be powdercoated a matte black, and I will make a few cutouts on the motherboard tray to ease cable management.

Once Bulldozer comes out, I will make a platform upgrade (Motherboard + CPU + GPU), and if budget allows, a monitor and SSD to top it off.

That's the main gist. So, lets get started then shall we.

Table of Content:
Arrival of Casing (Bye Bye Old Friend)
[*]Sig Rig Transplanted
[*]Watercooling Stuff arrives!
[*]Time to get wet
[*]Powdercoating
[*]Hardware Upgrades (HURRY UP BD!)
[*]New PSU + Sleeving
[*]Final Pics and Summary

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Arrival of Casing (Bye Bye Old Friend):

Although I've never liked the front panel door on my Lexa S, I have to say, it's been an absolutely fantastic case for the price that I paid for it. Honestly, I'm feeling kinda gutted that it's leaving now. Ah well, final pics of my old buddy.

2zqsz6w.jpg

2gwz2mc.jpg

s1ub2v.jpg

e9dkav.jpg

However, changes are imminent, and sometimes for the better. In my situation however, I'm pretty optimistic that this change is for the better.
tongue.gif

Look who's here!

25716p0.jpg

What a mammoth box!

fultmw.jpg

The quality of Lian Li, simply outstanding.

1zc3ibs.jpg

A side window has been modded into the side panel.

24cfh3k.jpg

118j3vq.jpg

A 360mm cutout on the top panel. Thinking of a RX360, or Swiftech MCR320, or Black Ice 360GTX radiator on the top, depending on my budget. Gotta give huge props to my friend who managed to make this mod possible.

29mk9pz.jpg

s4vprq.jpg

Naked!

30netmt.jpg

The cables inside the casing have all been sleeved to black goodness. Now all that's left are the new fans (which I haven't bought yet), and the new PSU (which I'm not even sure will come
tongue.gif
).

zstptw.jpg

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by newpc;13151329
nice case
biggrin.gif
, i got the pc-a71 in silver, modded a 480 on top, a few holes for cable management and a side window. lovely case.

sub'd
thumb.gif
finish it ASAP!
Actually, I had the chance of getting the A71F quite a few times in the past few weeks. However, I really did not want to get another case with a door, so I passed it up. Great case though! Sleek as hell.
wink.gif

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys I have a lian Li A70F which I am about to setup with Water cooling, I want to put the uber 655 pump in the top left bay but it has a big circle in the base of it it any ideas, also can i get a top cover with fans as i am no good a metal work and dont trust myself to do it? thanks ill post some pics of the project once the mobo arrives.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by OolerTheInventor;13168755
Looking forward to this..... hope to see some good stuff I like Lian Li cases
Thanks!

Watercooling parts have been ordered, and are on the way here!

Code:

Code:
Swiftech MCR320-QP Radiator
Swiftech MCP-655 Pump with Speed Control
EK 250 Tube Res Advanced
XSPC Rasa CPU Block
Feser (ID 1/2" OD 3/4") UV Blue Tubing
Don't have enough money for compression fittings sadly. Hopefully I'll be able to find the money to fix this issue in the future though!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Update???? any new pics to add? I'm getting starved for goodies... I need to build another rig so badly! I think everyone in KY is broke already as everyone that wanted a computer has flaked out for me
frown.gif

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by OolerTheInventor
View Post

Update???? any new pics to add? I'm getting starved for goodies... I need to build another rig so badly! I think everyone in KY is broke already as everyone that wanted a computer has flaked out for me

Update will come tomorrow! Just waiting for the rest of the watercooling parts to come in. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts