Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am so happy, I just ordered all my parts for my WC Project. Now there is nothing to do but wait until it all gets here. I had to order from a bunch of different stores to get it all. But here is a list of all that will be in this Project.

i7 920 D0
Evga X58 Classified (the 3way sli)
Corsair Core Dominator 6GB PC12800 DDR3 RAM - Triple Channel, 1600MHz
Intel X-25M OEM 160Gb Solid State Disk (Ver 2)
Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
OCZ OCZTFRZTC Freeze Extreme Thermal Conductivity Compound
Swiftech MCP655 Pump
Masterkleer Tubing 7/16" ID 5/8" OD
ThermoChill PA120.3
ThermoChill PS120.3 Shrouds x2
EK-FB EVGA X58 Classified (NB/SB/Mosfes Block)
HEATKILLER® CPU Rev3.0 1366 (Full Copper look)
EK-Waterblocks EK-BAY SPIN Reservoir
All Barbs are Bitspower 1/2''
Yate Loon 120mm x 25mm Fan (D12SH-12) x6
PT_Nuke
Ascension (Mirror Black Powder Coat) - Diamond Top Case

I will be reusing my PSU and Video cards (the cards are getting stepped up to the 285 2gb soon). I will have pictures as I get it all in and as I am building it. This is my baby and I am about shed a tear or two, lol. I hope I order good stuff, and I am hoping to be able to OC to 4.5-4.7ghz. I will post the pics as I take them. And I will also post questions and comments here too. I know I am going to need alot of help.
Darkshadow74
Thank you for your time and help ahead of time.

Edit: Parts started to get here today so I will start placing picks as they come in.
LL
LL
LL
LL
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Very nice. That Thermochill will handle both cards and the CPU very well. Mine has 2 cards, CPU, and NB on it and temps are very good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not getting the Vcards WC yet. i want the Heatkiller 285 blocks but dont have the money yet getting all that. But hopefully in a few months I will get what I am missing to complete this baby. But I am WC the Nb/Sb and CPU.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok question so I can be prepeared. When I get my EK-FB EVGA X58 Classified (NB/SB/Mosfes Block) and HEATKILLER® CPU Rev3.0 1366 (Full Copper look), should I take them apart and clean them or just run water through them? And if I take them apart will I need any kind of stuff to reseal them? Sorry for the total noob question that will be post here as I get my stuff and put it together. Also is there anything else I should know as this stuff comes in, other then take it slow and easy putting it together and test test test.
I am one of those that I would reither messure 3 or 4 times and cut once. And test 4 times to make sure its right before flipping the switch.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,104 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Darkshadow74
View Post

Ok question so I can be prepeared. When I get my EK-FB EVGA X58 Classified (NB/SB/Mosfes Block) and HEATKILLER® CPU Rev3.0 1366 (Full Copper look), should I take them apart and clean them or just run water through them? And if I take them apart will I need any kind of stuff to reseal them? Sorry for the total noob question that will be post here as I get my stuff and put it together. Also is there anything else I should know as this stuff comes in, other then take it slow and easy putting it together and test test test.
I am one of those that I would reither messure 3 or 4 times and cut once. And test 4 times to make sure its right before flipping the switch.

I always disassemble new blocks and thoroughly clean them. I just use a fine tooth brush and let them soak in some vinegar. You don't need anything to reseal them. Just place the o-ring back in place and tighten down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whats the best way to flush the Rad? is tap water fine or should i use Distill only? Also what is the Best formula for the WC fluid? I know PT Nuke in the amount directed, Distill water, but what about Anti bactiral dish soap, and what about the soap with bleach? I want to make up a batch with a 1 gallon bottle of Distill water even if it doesnt use it all, So if you could tell me what to add to the 1gal bottle of distill water in the amount. Thank you.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkshadow74 View Post
whats the best way to flush the Rad? is tap water fine or should i use Distill only? Also what is the Best formula for the WC fluid? I know PT Nuke in the amount directed, Distill water, but what about Anti bactiral dish soap, and what about the soap with bleach? I want to make up a batch with a 1 gallon bottle of Distill water even if it doesnt use it all, So if you could tell me what to add to the 1gal bottle of distill water in the amount. Thank you.
Since distilled is 1.40$ a gallon I had like 5 at home. I used 1 gallon to flush my rad, boiled about 1 liter of water, poured it in rad, let sit for like 15-20 minutes and swished it around the drained. I did this for 1 gallon and also I poured in a bit of distilled vinegar at the same time. Helps clean up the rads good.

After that I just 1 gallon of distilled just to flush it clean of any vinegar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK thanks and what about the cooling distill water, what amount of soap to a gallon of distilled, other then PT Nuke what else do I want to add to this mixture?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
also another question, on the pump whats the easiest way to get 7/16'' tube onto the 1/2'' barb on the pump?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Didnt think of that thank you that should do it great. Thank you
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkshadow74 View Post
Didnt think of that thank you that should do it great. Thank you
I do not use warm water, but it works. I just force mine over the end, which is not too terribly hard. I use masterkleer 7/16 with no clamps anywhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Darkshadow74
View Post

also another question, on the pump whats the easiest way to get 7/16'' tube onto the 1/2'' barb on the pump?

I used once boiled water. Deep the end of the tube for about 1 minute and then its easier to get it onto the barb. But after completion leave it for a while to cool down.. and ofcourse use some gloves (plastic e.g.) to protect your hands from the boiling water.
 

·
I TeK things...
Joined
·
17,428 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by 88EVGAFTW
View Post

I do not use warm water, but it works. I just force mine over the end, which is not too terribly hard. I use masterkleer 7/16 with no clamps anywhere.

I do this. It's not hard at all. I have also done the boiling water thing.


For added security, add a ziptie on your fittings and call it a day. Since I retooled my loop with the 1/2" BP Black Matte Fatboy fittings and 7/16" tubing, my loop hasn't even made me think about leaks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am so Happy right now, I got my CPU in and its a D0|B, and my MB is coming into day just need more stuff, rest is coming tomorrow. And my new case is comeing Sat. so I will be working on puttin it all together starting Sat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LMAO, I went tonight to get Distilled water so I would have it tomorrow to clean my blocks and rad out so that it would be ready for saturday. Well I end up got to a Walmart near my house, none all out none in the back. So we went to a suburb thats is about 5 miles away, none there and none in the back. So again went to another suburb to but had to go back the my town to get to it, it was about 15 miles from the last walmart. Again none. They called another place and they had but it was another 10 miles from there. But finally got it. LMAO distilled water is as hard to come by as a good WC block. So I bought 5 gallons. that way when I need it I have it lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WC stuff got here today, all that is missing now is my 160g SSD and Case. SSD will be here tomorrow and Case Saturday. But here is picks of my stuff that came today.

More pics after case gets here, and As I start putting things together,
LL
LL
LL
LL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok question on the Heatkiller Back plate, which way faces away from the MB and does the white stuff on that one side peel off? or do you leave it on? and which washers should I use? the red or white ones?

And one more question, what screws should i get to hold the shroad and my looms fans on to the shroad? I will be going to Lowes later.
LL
LL
LL
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top