21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Striker36
View Post

i love this case. im curious to see how this turns out.

good luck!

Thanks for the support

I hate to post again after that shameless bump about half an hour ago, but to all the subscribers I wanted to make sure you guys knew I am still working on this project, and awaiting a shipment that should get here within the week. I think you will all seriously enjoy the contents

My revised plans are not to paint the entire interior black, but just the hard drive cages, the PSU plates, fan grills, etc. I will also be laying black acrylic across the bottom for a nice reflective and sleek base.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I think your plans are definitely on the right track. The black acrylic should provide a nice contrast to the white you plan on in your project as well. I think once you have that acrylic in your hands and start playing with it, you will start to see all sorts of places you could employ it in your mod to help accent your plan.

I also wouldn't worry too much about painting all of your interior black. Personally, I like a bit of the au naturale aluminum look. It could also provide a nice third color point, as well as a compliment to the white in your build.

My two cents, save the painting until last, and see where you feel you really need it.

Just to throw something out there that is totally different, you might take a look at this site: carbonfiberfilm.com/. I've never purchased anything from them, but I've seen some slick stuff done with that product, and it's available in several colors, including black or white.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Warfarin88
View Post

I think your plans are definitely on the right track. The black acrylic should provide a nice contrast to the white you plan on in your project as well. I think once you have that acrylic in your hands and start playing with it, you will start to see all sorts of places you could employ it in your mod to help accent your plan.

I also wouldn't worry too much about painting all of your interior black. Personally, I like a bit of the au naturale aluminum look. It could also provide a nice third color point, as well as a compliment to the white in your build.

My two cents, save the painting until last, and see where you feel you really need it.

Just to throw something out there that is totally different, you might take a look at this site: carbonfiberfilm.com/. I've never purchased anything from them, but I've seen some slick stuff done with that product, and it's available in several colors, including black or white.

You're the best!

I'm already trying to think of places to put that stuff, maybe as an accent on the PSU to cover up that nasty yellow Corsair paintjob.

Anybody following this build, please recognize that the Warfarin is truly a master of the PC-A71F mod, if you have not already, check out his "Blue Moon" build log here:

http://www.overclock.net/case-mod-co...blue-moon.html

He has been enormously helpful in PMs giving me advice on the project, so I wanted to take this time to thank him.

My "special" shipment should be getting here within a week, that's when work will start back up.

I will be placing an order for some nice black acrylic soon, along with a 2TB HD and an x25-v SSD.

·
Premium Member
8,774 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by grahamcrackuh
View Post

I will be placing an order for some nice black acrylic soon, along with a 2TB HD and an x25-v SSD.

I recommend the Hitachi 7K2000 for the 2TB hard drive. I purchased one back in January and it has performed flawlessly. It's the best hard drive I've ever owned, and that goes back a ways (my first hard drive was a 20 MEG MFM Seagate from an original IBM XT).

And I am going to check out that Blue Moon build log.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaSmurf
View Post

I recommend the Hitachi 7K2000 for the 2TB hard drive. I purchased one back in January and it has performed flawlessly. It's the best hard drive I've ever owned, and that goes back a ways (my first hard drive was a 20 MEG MFM Seagate from an original IBM XT).

And I am going to check out that Blue Moon build log.

Great, thanks for the tip, I'll check it out when I get the chance.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hey everybody,

"The package" still hasn't gotten here yet, so hopefully it will be here some time this week.

In other news, I put everything together inside the case as a preliminary test, and all systems are go!

My Cogage Arrow with dual San Aces is keeping my Q9550 below 55 degrees @ 4Ghz - seems great to me

I think I will be removing the back fan from the case though, because I think the San Aces are overpowering it and it's just making a lot of noise. I may also be pressure modding the Cogage.

Right now it looks absolutely hideous, because the cable management in this case is sub-par I would say, but hopefully that situation will be remedied later this week

Oh, also forgot to mention I have made another order off newegg that should be here either tomorrow or the next day. Included are:

*Lian Li 3 5.25" to 4 HD bays.
*X25-V SSD
*1TB Caviar Green
Thanks for subscribing guys, I'll update you soon.

Graham

·
Fold on!
6,982 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by grahamcrackuh
View Post

Hey everybody,

"The package" still hasn't gotten here yet, so hopefully it will be here some time this week.

In other news, I put everything together inside the case as a preliminary test, and all systems are go!

My Cogage Arrow with dual San Aces is keeping my Q9550 below 55 degrees @ 4Ghz - seems great to me

I think I will be removing the back fan from the case though, because I think the San Aces are overpowering it and it's just making a lot of noise. I may also be pressure modding the Cogage.

Right now it looks absolutely hideous, because the cable management in this case is sub-par I would say, but hopefully that situation will be remedied later this week

Oh, also forgot to mention I have made another order off newegg that should be here either tomorrow or the next day. Included are:

*Lian Li 3 5.25" to 4 HD bays.
*X25-V SSD
*1TB Caviar Green
Thanks for subscribing guys, I'll update you soon.

Graham

Thats an awesome temp, wish my i7 was that cold...

Everything sounds promising, cant wait to see more

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bastiaan_NL View Post
hehe, love Nils' drawings

I received a package from him today too

Quote:

Originally Posted by Striker36 View Post
i have said it before and ill say it here again.. i love nils and all his stuff and i want moar!
Well guys, I started sleeving today, and that was interesting to say the least. After spending about an hour getting the first pin out, I can sleeve about one cable every 5 minutes right now, which seems pretty quick I guess. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for those hard drive and molex ones that have over 9000 wires each, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Anyway, it looks good so far, wish I could have gotten pictures up but I'm at work now so until tonight you'll just have to hold your horses.

Thanks for subscribing (anybody who still is).

Graham

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Sorry for the very late update, but I finally have pictures of the beginnings of the sleeving, please tell me what you think, it's my first time so it has been very slow and very painstaking. My fingers feel like they're about to fall off:

I know my camera is awful guys, but please bare with me.

I was able to keep the white sleeves looking as clean as they do with some white electrical tape over the wires, as suggested by my friend Nils

Hope you guys like what you see, please post what you think of my sleeving thus far, I'm very self conscious since it's my first one.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bastiaan_NL View Post
Its looking really good grahamcrackuh

A little idea, put your cam on clothes, or just let it rest on something. This'll make sure your pictures are not moved at all!

Thanks for the tip, can't imagine where you got an idea like that from

21 - 40 of 66 Posts