Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been working on my new rig for about a month now in my spare time. I Finally Finished today!!!!

The case is a Rocketfish...

List of my WC gear:
HeatKiller v3.0 LT
DDC3.2 w/xspc res top
EK-FC260 GTX
XSPC RX360
XSPC RX240
Primochill 1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing
Feser 45 degree Compression fittings
Bitspower 90 degree triple rotary fitting
Bitspower True Silver Compression fittings

The upper rad fans are S-Flex G, and the lower rad fans are S-Flex F.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
very nice

btw where did you get the Y?

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by javier
View Post

Sidewinder

thanks

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I hope my current project turns out half this nice. Very good looking build.

Re. the Wye fitting. That appears to be a good place to drain the loop down for cleaning, etc.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by oneallen
View Post

I dont get how the Y utilize..where does the other end go to? does it serve like a T in which water can be filled?

Just the opposite, it's used as a drain. Because the Res isn't the lowest part of the loop, I realized that draining the loop would be a pita, so I put that Y with THIS at the other end of that tube. It drains fairly easily now...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by javier
View Post

Just the opposite, it's used as a drain. Because the Res isn't the lowest part of the loop, I realized that draining the loop would be a pita, so I put that Y with THIS at the other end of that tube. It drains fairly easily now...

got it now. Oh nice setup BTW Javier.

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
You have a push/pull on the top rad, how do you have room for the MB? BTW, very sexy pics and I like the your FightingFish a lot. Sometimes I wish that I had never put the false floor in my Rocketfish.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikecdm
View Post

You have a push/pull on the top rad, how do you have room for the MB? BTW, very sexy pics and I like the your FightingFish a lot. Sometimes I wish that I had never put the false floor in my Rocketfish.

I measured before I cut the top. The rad is actually not centered on the top panel, but offset away from the mobo side of the case about 2-3mm. It's just enough to have about 2mm clearance with the mobo and still be able to connect the 8-pin connector and clear the v-reg heatsink.
I played with the idea of doing a false floor for a while, but eventually decided against it, especially since the bottom rad is one of the main exhaust points for the case (I know that's a big no-no, but the 38C load temps on my videocard tell me it's all good

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DUNC4N
View Post

Very nice job man. Thanks for sharing. I'm assuming your going to get those fan guards matching soon?

Aside from that, once again, excellent job.

Yea, those lol I had bought 2 more black ones and I lost them!
I also have a one piece AC Ryan grill, but I dunno that I like it, and the mounting holes aren't lining up right anyway. Either way, a fix is coming...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by nub
View Post

You should be able to get cable sleeving supplies from most of the etailers that sell wc gear

I was thinking about something that would incorporate both cables...

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected]'D
View Post

i love the fact you put a fillport at bottom of case for easy draining of the loop, if thats what its for that is!

That's exactly what it's for!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts