Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachment 117452

Project HAFnium

So guys, you may or may not know I have been in the planning stages of a major computer upgrade. I am water cooling. I decided it would be beneficial (and pretty fun) to make a build log to go along with it so if I have any questions I could maybe get some assistance on them. I promised myself that I would try to buy at least half of all my components from the "For Sale" section but its not working out so well. I dont have everything yet but a bunch of stuff is in the mail.

LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
subb'd

Looks like it's gonna be a nice build.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by richardbb85 View Post
good luck with the build

re-size those pics if u can, lol
I'm sorry, I forgot to check the re-size box when uploading. From now on the pics will be re-sized. Is there any way to do it on here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaKiller View Post
subb'd

Looks like it's gonna be a nice build.

I hope so, I am thinking of painting the case but Im not sure, i dont want to remove any rivets and I am no good at spray painting. How much does powder coating cost on average?

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
I think HAFinium would sound better

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Hey, I'd strongly recommend buying more tubing, maybe 15 or 20 feet. Trust me, you can't really know how much you will need until you have the tubing right in front of you. And besides, if you ever need to add something to your loop or take something out you will have enough tubing.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by cuy50 View Post
Hey, I'd strongly recommend buying more tubing, maybe 15 or 20 feet. Trust me, you can't really know how much you will need until you have the tubing right in front of you. And besides, if you ever need to add something to your loop or take something out you will have enough tubing.

Thanks for the advice. I will buy 15 and if I need more I will order more. Right now I am bringing my case to go get powder coated black. Pics by Wednesday at the most. Monday my new MacBook is coming and I think my Grado headphones. Hopefully my RAD will come as well.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok guys, I got a new camera today! Cannon Rebel XTi. Pretty awesome but I have no clue how to use it. So I took some pictures today of my the motherboard, ram and monitors that will be going into this new build. Any tips on better photo taking would be extremely helpful! Well here it is.

The heatpipe assembly is pretty awesome on this board. I am going to replace the TIM with good ol AS5.
Attachment 117522

Here are the 2 x16 slots that will be handling my dual 4870x2's
Attachment 117523

This RAM is really shiny so it didnt work to well with the camera. 1600mhz
Attachment 117524

One of the dual 30 inch monitors. These things are amazing. I cant imagine gaming on anything less than this.
Attachment 117525

Random... Very bad picture.
Attachment 117526

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Awesome monitors! Which Grados did you get? Be sure to post some pics of the cans when you get em!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you. I got the SR60's. I think I will sleve the cable to make it look a bit better.

They should be comming tomorrow with my macbook pro, radiator, HK block and primochill typhoon 3. I already got the LED's for the resivoir now all I need to find is a pump and some tubing then I can start waiting for my paycheck so I can afford a fully sleved HX1000 and a second 4870x2 and the GPU loop.

Do you think a Quad radiator will be enough for two 4870x2's? Its a magicool quad wich are black ice clones.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Yes, that radiator will handle your cards just fine as long as you have some decent fans.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok awsome. I just recieved my Black Ice GTX. It looks awsome. Just some minor ascetic damage. I striped down my case and I am bringing it to get powder coated right now. I got a quote for 30 bucks! I think thats a pretty good deal.

Reserved for pictures.

P.S.
Does anyone have any advice on headphone cable sleeving?

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.