Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I have a project in my Visual Basic class that I need to design a program..

Any ideas?

It can be anything, as long as it's slightly useful. I'm looking for a simple idea that I could easily make into a program with minimal effort on my part

+rep for ideas

·
Registered
262 Posts
There is the game, PC/sports customization program, and of course the variety of other things. Try to make snake or something. Such a pro game ;o

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by waverider599 View Post
There is the game, PC/sports customization program, and of course the variety of other things. Try to make snake or something. Such a pro game ;o
It's supposed to be a simple application, not a game.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
A Celsius to Fahrenheit converter. Plug in a number, hit the button, and it shows you the other temp. I got bored in VB and did this one day, most of our projects were straight from the book though, and had a lot of server accessing involved.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Microsis View Post
Hi guys. I have a project in my Visual Basic class that I need to design a program..

Any ideas?

It can be anything, as long as it's slightly useful. I'm looking for a simple idea that I could easily make into a program with minimal effort on my part

+rep for ideas

You could re-make notepad, me and a mate did that. About 4 hours of coding though, umm... but i havent really make any "simple" applications that are useful.

You could make one called "Type Your Name" with a richtextbox and "Show" button.

Aka: The user/client types into the richTextBox and then click "Show" and it will show the text the client typed into the richTextBox in a message box.

·
Registered
88 Posts
whack a mole was pretty easy to make

ummm how bout a weight calculator, or maybe a bmi calculator and see how much people have to lose to be healthy

perhaps a reminder application? that sounds like fun...
Maybe make something that saves information...

notepad wouldnt be too hard, all it is is a textbox, a header thingy and an OFD or 2, shouldnt take 4 hours.

·
Registered
240 Posts
oh you know what was fun when I was in school? Battleships with a computer and 2 player mode. Tried to do RISK but ended up being more than I could do at the time.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the good ideas guys.

I have chosen to go with a program that lets you practice typing faster. It basically gives you 30 seconds to type a series of words/characters and then keeps track of the number right and your fastest time.

This is college level by the way... Not sure why we are learning VB, seems like a waste of time IMO. Would be much better off learning C++ or something practical.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently did a very interesting project, making a drum machine from a webcam! I got the idea from a video on youtube. Just search for Gumball Drum Machine and you should find it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts