·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by blupupher View Post
That looks really good (aside from the inside not being painted black yet
).

Forgive my WC noobiness, but are all the radiator fans sucking air into the case or blowing it out?
Do you plan on adding the 8800GT to the loop (or does it not really get that hot as a physix card)?
The fans are actually sucking in, good eye. I've experimented with all of the possible orientations, and having cold air sucked in from outside the case, through the radiator, gave me the best temperatures. I have the side and rear fans exhausting and have tried to open up as many of the PCI slots as I could to counter balance the positive pressure.

The 8800gt stays in the mid 60s even during gaming, so I don't plan on adding it to the loop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eugenek5 View Post
Just a thought to clean up the tubing around the video cards:

Thanks for the suggestion, I may try it out later. I originally planned on using 45 degree rotary fittings, but I forgot to order them before the break... Your idea may work out better for me.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Nice case mod
I love my antec 300 but haven't modded it yet. I only plasti dipped the whole case, cut holes for some screws.
also added fans, but kept tricools for ease of changing the speed

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
i can not see from your pictures, but did you mount the 240 by screwing it into the top most 120mm fan, and mounting that fan to the swing out fan carrier? or did you just go straight from the fan carrier to the radiator with long screws?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
The 240 rad is a push/pull setup, the radiator is mounted straight to the top fan bracket with a fan sandwiched in between. I have a bottom 120mm fan in the holder like normal and it is not mounted to the radiator in any way.

In this picture, the screws are long enough to mount the radiator through the 25mm clear fan. Sorry, it's hard to see, I can take another picture if you need one.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
no i understand now, that is how i thought it would work out. just wanted to make sure though, because i couldn't really tell by just lining up my radiator without taking off the fans already on it (no point because i dont have long enough screws yet) i assume you have the two extra 120's on the inner most part of the radiator as shrouds? you are running the 240 as an "exhaust"? what orientation are the rest of the fans in your case?

this has been my biggest contemplation, make the front of my case an intake and pull fresh air through the rad but then exhaust the rad air right into my 5870 on air...or make the front an exhaust and suck all my slightly warmed up case air through the rad...

build looks good!!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Thanks for the complement OG.

I actually have all of my rad fans intaking right now. Since my cards are on water, I benefit more when the rads are at their coldest.

[email protected]'D has a cpu loop front 240 rad 300 setup and he exhausts out the front. Might want to peek at his log for some ideas as well.
Foxy's build.

EDIT: Realized I really didn't answer your question about my fan setup...
I tried a bunch of combinations of input/outputs and found that having the rad fans as intake worked best for me (about a 1 degree difference at best). The top 360 has 3 fans taking air in from the outside. The front 240 is an intake push/pull setup with 4 fans and 2 shrouds on the interior side. I have a fan exhausting out the back, and have the side fan exhausting to relieve all of the air coming into the case. I'm also planning to add another fan and a 240mm rad grill to the side panel for more exhaust and airflow balancing.

EDIT2: Used eugenek5's suggestion to fix tubing around the video cards. Thanks man.

EDIT 3: This case has been retired for the time being. I've moved my hardware into a new build which you can follow here. I still have my 300 in the closet and I may recommission it in another build sometime later.

Thank you to everyone who has visited and left a comment, and to everyone who followed this build.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts