Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just about completed my main rig, [Project] Lian Li A05NB, I've decided to build a smaller, low power/low cost machine to act as a Home Server/HTPC. Guess we can call it the main rigs little bro. I've been accumulating parts for the past few weeks and finally put it all together. No project name as of yet since I'm not very creative when it comes to those sorts of things. I'll have to come up with something later, or not.
smile.gif

I'm no artist but more of the practical type, so that's the approach I will be taking throughout this build.

Welcome to my build log
[Project] Lian Li PC-Q11

a.png

Alright, enough of the chit chat. Lets get down to business.

The Hardwarez:
Lian Li PC-Q11
Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge
Intel 2600k CPU Cooler (don't hate
tongue.gif
)
G.SKILL ECO Series 4GB (2 x 2GB)
GIGABYTE GA-H67N-USB3-B3 LGA 1155
GIGABYTE GeForce GT 520 OC
Silverstone SST-ST45SF 450 Watt
OCZ Vertex 60Gb SSD
2x WD Caviar Green 2Tb

Now lets get this party started
smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif

First up, MNPC Tech "Micro" Case Feet. Love the feet but am not very happy with the OEM placement. It looks off, way off. I'll have to remount them further out towards the corners.

b.png

Here's the hardware test fit. Yep, it all fits and works well. Messy as all heck I know, lol. Well, its a start...

c.png

B-Magic, Gray and Black sleeving will be used in this build. Gotta love MDPC Sleeving, its surely in a league of its own.
thumb.gif

d.png

Alright, that's all for now. Soon as the sleeving arrives I can get back to work tiding things up.

Thank you viewing,
OCM
cool.gif

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
sexiness

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Foxx;15510751
I cant WAIT to see all this sleeved and sexy. Takes a lot to make a small case like that look good, youre doing awesome so far
biggrin.gif

EDIT: how hard is it to bend mesh like that? And what did you use to do it?
Thank you
wink.gif

This mesh from MNPC Tech was very, very easy to bend into shape. Made very accurate 90deg bends on the kitchen floor with a spare 140mm fan. Very nice quality Stainless Mesh for sure.

r.png

You might ask yourself

"Self, why is lunatic polishing all these parts?"

Could it be because he spent too much time at test depth polishing torpedo tubes on watch during his first few years in the Navy?

or

Could it be because he's trying to maximize lighting in such a small space by using the reflective properties of polished metal?

you decide...

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
Either way, it looks nice.
yessir.gif

Good luck with this build! I'm seriously entertaining the idea of building a little mini-ITX case and throwing a i3-2100 build together.
smile.gif

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks t-ramp
wink.gif

At the moment I'm debating which way to mount the psu for best wire management before I snip anymore wires. I should have time this weekend to finish phase one of this build (air cooled).

If I do decided to water cool at a later date it will be purely for the fun of it.
smile.gif

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you OB34UGO.

AeroCool Shark 140mm Black Edition 140mm Blue LED Case Fan plus a mesh shroud.

s.png

Shortened CPU 4 pin by 6". Next on the agenda is shortening the 24 pin then sleeving it all.

t.png

Yeah, wife loves it when I solder in the kitchen, really...
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Good god that's beautiful!

I'd like to throw together an ITX rig in the future for my parents, but for me personally microATX is just about as small as I'll go

1 - 19 of 19 Posts