Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Finally i am going to do a FULL WC for my main rig that i use everyday. Really thanks to Sabe and his team to deliver me the gigantic Full Tower to my home. Thanks to Kenclass and Keon for the PPCS MO they conduct through all these months! (PPCS MO11, can u believe it). Due to very busy work and family commitment i had. I have been collecting the WC parts since almost a year ago... :lol: Below are the list and still growing:songdah:
-Hardware:

Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Maximus 4 Extreme
Processor: Intel Core I5 2500K
RAM: Corsair Dominator GT 2133Mhz CL9 1.5v (4x4Gb)
GPU: ASUS HD6950 (x-fire)
PSU: Corsair AX850 PSU
SSD: Corsair Force Series GS 240GB
Case: NZXT Switch 810 White

-Liquid-cooled:

Block CPU: Ek Supreme HF EN Nickel Plexi
Block GPU: EK FC 6970 EN Nickel Plexi plus EK FC6970 Blackplate x 2
Block Motherboard: EK FB ASUS Max4 Extreme EN Nickel Plexi
Block Ram: EK RAM Dominator X4 EN Nickel Plexi
Radiator 1: Ek CoolStream RAD XTX 120
Radiator 2: Ek CoolStream RAD XTX 240
Radiator 3: Ek CoolStream RAD XTX 360
Radiator ventilation: NZXT FZ-140mm White LED fans x 8
Case ventilation: NZXT FZ-140mm White LED fans x 3
Pump 1: Swiftech MCP655 12 VDC Pump With Speed Controller
Top: Bitspower D5 Mod Pump Top V2 (Acrylic Version) plus Bitspower MCP655 Mod Kit
Reservoir 1: Ek Res X2 150mm Advanced
Reservoir 2: Aquacomputer Aquatube G1/4" White Delrin - TBC
Fitting: Bitspower Compression Fitting 3/8 5/8 Silver Shiny
Angled Fittings: Bitspower G 1/4" Silver Shiny Angled 45º, 90º
Adapters: TBC
Extenders: TBC
Plugs: TBC
Tube: TBC
Liquid: Mahyems White Paste

Hardware1.JPG
Water_Cooling.JPG

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Part 1 - Introduction to NZXT Switch 810

Introduction to NZXT Switch 810

U guys might wonder why sudden there is a increase of ppl using this case as their RIG. Basically, many fell in love with the chassis design! Two color when launch. Black and White, then Matt Black and the latest Gun Metal. NZXT Switch 810 is a full tower chassis and can be modified for superior water cooling or superb airflow through seamless operation. You will have full control to customize all the features of Switch 810 based upon your own preference. One of the best features i like abt is u mount 120/140mm fans. The screw holes is cater together.
Let me show u what this BIG GIGANTIC case have.:hootdah:

Features
• Unique hybrid full tower chassis optimized for extreme liquid cooling, airflow, or silence
• Supports high-end water cooling solutions up to three fans for push and pull configuration: 90mm of internal top space with top 360/420mm and bottom 140/240mm radiator support for unmatched liquid cooling
• Four watercooling cutouts for easy liquid cooling management on the rear panel
• Spacious CPU cutout for mounting high-end CPU coolers without removing the motherboard
• Removable top 5.25" plates to accommodate wide radiators
• Clever hybrid fin design allows the user to choose between maximum airflow or sound reduction
• Innovative right-mounted HDDs for easy hard drive replacement
• Removable HDD pull-out cages and large storage capacity for 7 hard drives
• Equipped with two 140mm pivot fan slots for directing airflow at 15⁰ to the VGA and CPU
• Rear white light for visibility in dark environments with a toggle switch
• Dual high-speed USB 3.0, hard drive dock along with a SD card reader for transfer and quick access to multimedia
• 5.25" hard drive hot swap with SATA III support
• Nine expansion slots for installing EATX motherboards with Quad SLI or Triple Crossfire
• Supreme cooling capacity with up to ten 140/120mm fans
• Stress-free wire management and 23mm clearance in the rear allows for superb wire-tucks
• Ten large specialized cutout holes for easy cable management
• Easily removable bottom filters in the front and rear to prevent dust from entering
• Tool-less 5.25" and 3.5"/2.5" SSD hard drive installation for convenience and ease of accessibility
• Large acrylic window with a view to show off the interior of your rig

Some pic of the NZXT Switch 810:popcorn:

The Box itself with the case weight ard 15kg
NZXT_1_.JPG

Unboxed!!! :band2:
NZXT_2_.JPG

NZXT_3_.JPG

Dual high-speed USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, hard drive dock along with a SD card reader for transfer and quick access to multimedia:024:
NZXT_4_.JPG

NZXT_5_.JPG

The Top view with Clever hybrid fin design allows the user to choose between maximum airflow or sound reduction
NZXT_6_.JPG

NZXT_7_.JPG

The Internal layout:muscle:
NZXT_8_.JPG

NZXT_9_.JPG

The Back::msnblush:
NZXT_10_.JPG

Really love the way NZXT think for the end user - a little fan connector for better ease in cabling
NZXT_11_.JPG

NZXT_14_.JPG

Easily removable bottom filters in the front and rear to prevent dust from entering
NZXT_16_.JPG

NZXT_13_.JPG

NZXT_17_.JPG

Removable HDD pull-out cages and large storage capacity for 7 hard drives
NZXT_19_.JPG

NZXT_20_.JPG

This is what i mean, every single location u can choose to have 120/140mm fan mount
NZXT_21_.JPG

I think i had show enough PIC of the case and hope ur guys enjoy as i do:thumb2: The next part will be covering the RAD mounting where user is worried.:confused2
NZXT_22_.JPG

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Part 2 - Mounting the Radiator

Hi guys, Some update on my logs. as u wonder why WC ?? a lot ppl would say wanna a more slient rig, to OC. some are really into beautify own rig. For some, like me, i believe after upgrading the PC hardware component. got some spare cash!! lolx! :doublegun hoot har!! WATERCOOLING! spend $$$$$ like no tomor! :hootdah: ask me again! if wanna WC. pls newcomer! prepare endless cash!!:evil::money:

So after all the crap:explode:!!! what is the most important component in WC???:023: For me it would be the Radiator!! u might ask why?? isn't it the most simple and easy to get item? Yes, is true! it is so simple but many ppl had neglect it and spend more on like res or Pump add on, bla bla bla:buai: Radiator is equal important as, it determine to cool the coolant that u are using thus keeping the system running at a cooler temp. 2nd, due to some many cases in the market. The mounting of RAD become important: the size? the thickness? the fin?

For me i had chosen the EK XTX RAD and i am going to try to mount 3 rads onto my NZXT 810. Let me show what i got: EK XTX 120/240/360 RAD.
EK_RAD_1_.JPG

Comparing side by side! :beer2:
EK_RAD_2_.JPG

EK_RAD_3_.JPG

The EK logo!
EK_RAD_4_.JPG

Need to remove the btm panel b4 i can mount the 240rad
EK_RAD_5_.JPG

EK_RAD_6_.JPG

Aline the btm 240rad
EK_RAD_7_.JPG

NOTE: A closer look on why u cant mount the front to let ur 240rad stand! the two mounted fans are 140mm fans. If u look closer, the inner screw hole is too far apart>15mm therefore u need to mod the front b4 u can mount any 240rad. A 280rad shall be ok if i am right.
biggrin.gif

EK_RAD_8_.JPG

This is how thick is going to be for a push n pull configuration! 25mm+64mm+25mm = VERY THICK
EK_RAD_9_.JPG

EK_RAD_10_.JPG

With the Removable HDD pull-out cages slot in! :angel:
EK_RAD_11_.JPG

NOTE: the top mounting of NZXT Switch 810 does pose some problem for me when deciding on 120 or 140 rad. the inner screw hole is for 120mm which is 15mm apart. the outside screw hole is for 140mm but was 20mm apart :buai: and in the market, there is not many 140mm radiator that had 20mm screw hole. Like EK, 15mm screw hole should be the industry standard:021: This is main reason why i choose 120mm rad instead of 140mm:buai:
EK_RAD_12_.JPG

After mounting the 360rad:cool: to note that the 120mm fan sit just right from the rad and the 5.25" hard drive hot swap cage:lol:
EK_RAD_13_.JPG

EK_RAD_14_.JPG

Top View - Closer look at the 360rad port! will be routing the tubing from here
EK_RAD_15_.JPG

EK_RAD_16_.JPG

EK_RAD_17_.JPG

ok that all for the 240/360 rad mounting!:angel: WAIT!!! :confused2 where is the 120rad to be mount ??? not at the back ??? lolx!! hmmm... is kinda tight to be mount at the back and now i am considering mounting at the front! more pic will be show! need to do flushing for radiator today if possible! hope ppl that wanna watercool the NZXT 810, do take note the point i had face. :doublegun:beer2::plane:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Part 3 - Flushing the radiator

Today had some time to do some flushing of the three radiator!!!:lol: Bought a tap adaptor to SWTICH over from my washing machine tap!:thumb2: not sure is going to work! cross finger!
cool.gif

flushing_rad_1_.JPG

flushing_rad_2_.JPG

flushing_rad_3_.JPG

This is how i am going to flush the radiator!:thumb2:
flushing_rad_4_.JPG

Only try to flush off the EK XTX 240/360. And went to NTUC fairprice to get some distilled water and white vinegar to detox the radiator lolx!

flushing_rad_5_.JPG

flushing_rad_6_.JPG

Ready to pour in the distilled then the vinegar!
flushing_rad_7_.JPG

flushing_rad_8_.JPG

flushing_rad_9_.JPG

After few times of flushing with distilled water and white vinegar! The XTX340/360 radiator still had this tiny particle - green n blue color. :songdah2: is really a very tiring job to flush and flush!!! :Samurai2: finally everything is clear n good!:thumb2: The only radiator i didnt flush with the tap water is XTX120. Wanted to know what the differ:buai:

Lolx! :msnblush: the 20 cent is a good tool to loosen the rad screw. u guys can try! Same thing again. repeat again n again!!!
mad.gif
:006: shake vigorously, treat as a workout. find out that this 120rad didnt had much green or blue particle. Wonder now those particle might be from the tap water ??? :****:
flushing_rad_10_.JPG

flushing_rad_11_.JPG

flushing_rad_12_.JPG

flushing_rad_13_.JPG

Neverthe less had spend the whole afternoon doing all this flushing:cool::execution:love:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Part 4 - Sleeving the case cable

Like i say before, all item was bought throughout past months. This high quality mdpc sleeve was bought from Bro Lee-Turbo!! thanks bro for selling me cheap:songdah2::Samurai2::loveyou: and also bought some online.

camera.gif
a closer look
sleeve_case_1_.JPG

sleeve_case_2_.JPG

Had done the power button and the top panel LED:msnblush:
sleeve_case_3_.JPG

sleeve_case_4_.JPG

The back White led also sleeve!
biggrin.gif

sleeve_case_5_.JPG

sleeve_case_6_.JPG

Did the same to the front panel as well:008: any one know how shall i sleeve the USB3 cable ?? is thick and .....
eek.gif

sleeve_case_7_.JPG

sleeve_case_9_.JPG

wonder shall i add in some white to the contrast? any comments?:songdah:
sleeve_case_10_.JPG

sleeve_case_11_.JPG

Hope ur guys enjoy the picture !!!:songdah:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Part 5 - NZXT FZ 120/140mm White LED

During the Hydra warehouse sale, i had swipe 8xNZXT FZ 120 White LED and 3xNZXT FZ 140mm White LED, as the price was damm good! :popcorn::hootdah: I really like the 13 blades design and the big NZXT logo at the center of the blades. Below is the link u can find.

Features
• Optimized for extreme airflow 120mm fan with minimal speeds of 1200+/- 20% RPM
• Low noise level of 26.8 dBA with exceptional airflow at 59.1 CFM
• Long-life bearing provides better reliability and extends life span surpassing 2 year warranty
• Available in 5 LED vibrant colors: white, blue, orange, green, and red.

NZXT_FZ_Fans_1_.JPG

A closer look for the 120mm and 140mm fan:thumb2:
NZXT_FZ_Fans_2_.JPG

I also bought 4 more AP-15 Gentle Typhoon to add into the radiator push n pull configuration.:beatdown:
NZXT_FZ_Fans_3_.JPG

:popcorn:let u guys see the box of NZXT FZ series
NZXT_FZ_Fans_4_.JPG
NZXT_FZ_Fans_5_.JPG

Unboxing - the best part i like is the fan is sleeve with high quality sleeve by NZXT. it come with 4 BLACK fan screw and a molex adaptor. Very Very nice package
NZXT_FZ_Fans_6_.JPG

:026:TBH is damm tired to unbox all the fan:****:
NZXT_FZ_Fans_7_.JPG

NZXT_FZ_Fans_8_.JPG

Anyone can tell me how he dispose the fans box?? keep or throw ?? :confused2:confused2
NZXT_FZ_Fans_9_.JPG

Mounting the Nzxt Fans to the EK XTX 360:lol:
NZXT_FZ_Fans_10_.JPG

and also my EK XTX 240 rad===> look how thick it is! 25+64+25 = :execution
NZXT_FZ_Fans_11_.JPG

NZXT_FZ_Fans_12_.JPG

Stacking the rad! :lol::that:
NZXT_FZ_Fans_13_.JPG

NZXT_FZ_Fans_15_.JPG

NZXT_FZ_Fans_16_.JPG

securing the EK XTX 360 on the top
NZXT_FZ_Fans_17_.JPG

securing the Front XTX 120 and wonder the radiator port can be flush with the front case.:confused2
NZXT_FZ_Fans_18_.JPG

YES, it fit just nice and no problem mounting my 2x NZXT FZ 140mm fans!
NZXT_FZ_Fans_19_.JPG

NZXT_FZ_Fans_20_.JPG

That all, for all my wonder fans mount - hope ur guys enjoy ! :angel::hootdah::songdah2:
NZXT_FZ_Fans_21_.JPG

·
FinsUp!
2,227 Posts
Subbed

Sexy

+Rep

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Part 6 - MCP655 Pump, Mod Top, Mod Kit

The D5 pump also known as the MCP655 is one of the best pumps around.... in performance!, no need intro is one if the best to be use. This time i am going to pair with Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit - Silver Shiny Finish and Bitspower D5 Mod Pump Top V2 (Acrylic Version).:hootdah: Bling Bling !!!:band2:

Pump_Mod_Kit_1_.JPG

Pump_Mod_Kit_2_.JPG

Pump_Mod_Kit_3_.JPG

Silver Shiny Finish:shade:
Pump_Mod_Kit_4_.JPG

Pump_Mod_Kit_5_.JPG

The month of Sep is a hoot hoot month!!!:hootdah::songdah: During the Sep Comex IT Show 2012, Convergent just in time to bring in the Corsair Force Series GS. So this time wanna upgrade from Corsair GT 120GB to Corsair GS 240GB after a month of poison:evil2: by my best VR buddy Coolhirako:hoot: who wanna to hoot GS 480GB
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
- like many pals say here!! HOOT 1ST TALK LATER and also I already got a pair of 2x4gb Corsair Dominator GT 2133MHz. Still got two more slot to fill up. So itchy lor! Hoot another pair since i really get a good price from Convergent!!! :thumb2: thanks Mr K. cannot mention name lar :028::beatdown: Then when Mr PA9797 is selling off his Cosair AX 850 at a really good price:hootdah: which i wanna to change my Seasonic Platinum 1k(also hoot from him:msnblush:), reason why? i am just pure lazy to sleeve the whole cable again :026: even i had already had the 24pin/8pin and the 2x PCIE cable done!!! i just dont want to spend more time on sleeve the sata/molex cable. So HA HA!! bought the professional series ax850/ax750/ax650/ individually sleeved modular cables red from PPCS. I also need a small in length PSU for my NZXT Switch 810 as i am mounting a huge EK XTX 240:lol:

Ok man.. is PIC TIME - warning is damm RED

The_Cosair_Family_1_.JPG

The famous Dominator GT ram!!!:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::angel:
The_Cosair_Family_2_.JPG

The New rls Corsair Force Series GS240GB SSD that read at 555MB/S and write 525MB/S sata3!!!! :hootdah::smilewide
The_Cosair_Family_3_.JPG

TBH - i really recommend Bro that didnt want to sleeve their cable but still wanna look good and have a better cable management to buy Corsair AX series and their Sleeve cable. U will be surprise how good the quality is. :hat1:
The_Cosair_Family_4_.JPG

The_Cosair_Family_5_.JPG

All inside the Corsair Cable Bag:thumb2:
The_Cosair_Family_6_.JPG

The_Cosair_Family_7_.JPG

Ok, with the Cable coming in last week, i am going to test the Mobo 8 pin as many had face issue when mounting the top rad :****: - given 90mm clearance from the top, i had mount a 64mm EK XTX 360 rad with 3x push NZXT FZ white led 120mm x 25mm. Total thickness will be 89mm which left me 1mm allowance!:phantomof. U may think i am pushing my luck but i really believe the quality of the NZXT 810 case! Nevertheless, NZXT 810 did not fail me! let the pic do the talking!! :sarcastic

Note: The ONE mm clearance which i believe i had:band2:
The_Cosair_Family_8_.JPG

The_Cosair_Family_9_.JPG

The_Cosair_Family_10_.JPG

TBH, I am damm happy how it ended! :songdah2: NZXT Switch 810 indeed is a well quality case with a very reasonable price to OWN it !!!:hootdah:
Wanted to sleeve Blackie but cant find:lol: so Go with Red, Look nice i wonder ???
eek.gif

Pump_Mod_Kit_6_.jpg

Pump_Mod_Kit_7_.jpg

Part 7 - The Corsair Family

·
FinsUp!
2,227 Posts
Yes, more pics!
applaud.gif

Nice bag of Corsair goodies

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfergolfer View Post

SO MUCH RAD
drool.gif
I was gonna sub sooner but didnt want to mess up all the updates
tongue.gif
Looks great
thumb.gif
No problem, just sub, trying my best to copy everything to show u guys

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevada88 View Post

You should post this in the Official NZXT Switch owners club. I think they will really like it over there.
u mean i post the entire Project log at there ???
headscratch.gif

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.